Cardiovascular Systems (CSII) Receives FDA Approval for ViperWire Advance Peripheral Guide Wire with Flex Tip
- Wall Street mints big gains to end strong week
- JP Morgan's Kolanovic Predicts No Recession and Next Week's Rebalancing Could Drive Stocks Up 7%
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, ends constitutional right to abortion
- FedEx (FDX) Gains on Solid FY23 Outlook, Analysts Mostly Bulled Up Into Next Week's Investors Day
- Get Ready for a 10% Rally in S&P 500
Cardiovascular Systems (NASDAQ: CSII) announced that it has received FDA clearance for its new ViperWire Advance Peripheral Guide Wire with Flex Tip for their Peripheral Orbital Atherectomy Systems (OAS). The new guide wire provides physicians with improved flexibility, navigation and ease-of-use—particularly in hard-to-reach, tortuous vessels—when treating arterial calcium associated with peripheral artery disease (PAD).
Building on the success of the current ViperWire Advance, this next-generation wire offers a reduction in tip stiffness, with comparable torque transfer, making it easier for physicians to navigate vasculature. The guide wire also provides improved trackability through tortuous peripheral arteries.
Additional features and enhancements of the ViperWire Advance Guide Wire with Flex Tip include:
- A Nitinol support coil, for a more durable tip and the ability to be reshaped for multiple uses; and
- Larger proximal core, for improved kink resistance and more delivery support for adjunctive devices.
“We designed the ViperWire Advance with Flex Tip to improve ease-of-use for our peripheral orbital atherectomy systems when treating complex calcified lesions,” said David L. Martin, CSI president and chief executive officer. “By improving the predictability and deliverability of the guide wire, physicians will now have more confidence in their ability to navigate tortuous peripheral anatomy and address PAD in a traditionally difficult-to-treat patient population.”
CSI anticipates launching ViperWire Advance with Flex Tip in early August 2015. The guide wire is for use with CSI’s 145 cm Stealth 360® and Diamondback 360® Peripheral OAS.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Titan International (TWI) Chair Comments on Stock Move
- Clover Health Investments (CLOV) to Join Russell 3000 Index
- FDA approves Rhythm Pharmaceuticals' (RYTM) treatment for weight management in patients with Bardet-Biedl Syndrome aged 6 or older
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!