Cardiovascular Systems (CSII) Announces Voluntary Recall of WIRION
- Wall Street rebounds after virus-related sell-off
- Here's What Analysts are Saying as Twitter (TWTR) Stock Erases Earlier Gains
- Moderna (MRNA) Stock Up 10% as WHO Says Omicron Covid Variant Poses 'Very High' Global RIsk
- 2 Reasons Why Citi Downgraded Merck (MRK) to Neutral Today, Opened a Negative Catalyst Watch
- Why EV Li Auto (LI) Stock Is Up 8% Today
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cardiovascular Systems, Inc. (CSI®) (NASDAQ: CSII) has initiated a voluntary recall of unused WIRION Embolic Protection Systems (WIRION) due to complaints of filter breakage during retrieval.
CSI has informed all affected healthcare facilities to discontinue use of WIRION immediately and return unused product to CSI. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has also been notified. To date, CSI has received 9 complaints of filter breakage during retrieval. Filter breakage may result in device embolism and possible additional intervention.
The company plans to voluntarily recall all WIRION units currently in customer inventory. In total, 697 devices were distributed in the U.S. between March 22, 2021 and November 15, 2021. All lots of the following models are being recalled:
Name: WIRION Embolic Protection Device
Physicians and healthcare facilities can direct questions to their CSI representative or, call 651-259-2800. Adverse reactions or quality problems experienced with the use of the WIRION System may be reported to the FDA MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program either online, by regular mail or by fax:
- Complete and submit the report Online: www.fda.gov/medwatch/report.htm
- Regular Mail or Fax: Download form www.fda.gov/MedWatch/getforms.htm or call 1-800-332-1088 to request a reporting form, then complete and return to the address on the pre-addressed form, or submit by fax to 1-800-FDA-0178 (http://www.fda.gov/MedWatch/getforms.htm)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MEI Pharma (MEIP) to Host Webcast on November 30, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. ET Reporting Data from Ongoing Global Phase 2 TIDAL Study of Zandelisib in Patients with Follicular Lymphoma
- Sorrento Therapeutics (SRNE) Publishes an Abivertinib Teaser Entitled "Abivertinib – A Franchise Oral Therapeutic for Cancer, COVID-19 and Autoimmune Diseases"
- IceCure Medical Announces Appointment of Merav Nir Dotan to Vice President Human Resources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Related EntitiesTwitter, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!