CarGurus (CARG) Appoints Sam Zales as President and COO, and Kyle Lomeli as CTO
- Wall Street ends mixed after punishing week
- '3600 is the New Bull Case': Outflows from Energy and Materials Highest in Several Years - BofA
- Dollar catches a break after bruising week as investors turn risk averse
- Apple (AAPL) is a 'Compelling Name To Own' Right Now, iPhone Sales Trending Ahead of Guidance - Wedbush's Ives
- Deere (DE) Falls on Sales Miss, JPMorgan Sees 'Aggressive' Guidance and Downside Risk
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
CarGurus, Inc. (Nasdaq: CARG), a leading global automotive marketplace, today announced the promotion of Sam Zales to President and Chief Operating Officer, reporting to Chief Executive Officer Langley Steinert. Zales, who joined CarGurus in 2014, has served as Chief Operating Officer since 2017. In his expanded role as President and COO, Zales will have oversight of Sales, International, Marketing and Legal functions.
The company also announced that Kyle Lomeli has been promoted to Chief Technology Officer, replacing Oliver Chrzan. Kyle Lomeli joined CarGurus in 2008 as one of the company's early senior engineers and helped to build much of the core technology at CarGurus as well as the company's world-class Engineering team. Lomeli will report to CEO Langley Steinert. Chrzan has decided to leave CarGurus after eleven years to pursue personal interests outside the company.
"I am delighted to announce Sam's promotion to President and Chief Operating Officer. Sam is an extraordinary leader with a strong track record of results at CarGurus, and he's been an invaluable partner to me in shaping our global operations," said Langley Steinert, Founder, CEO and Chairman of CarGurus. "The CarGurus Board of Directors and I are confident Sam's expanded leadership will enable us to continue to grow our global business."
"I am also thrilled to announce Kyle Lomeli's promotion to Chief Technology Officer. Kyle has been a critical force on our Engineering team since our early days, helping to build CarGurus' core technology and develop our world-class Engineering team," added Steinert. "The technology behind CarGurus is what sets us apart in our space, and with Kyle's engineering leadership, we will continue to deliver innovative new software solutions for consumers and dealers around the world."
"I also want to recognize the enormous contributions of our outgoing CTO, Oliver Chrzan, and thank him for his strategic partnership over these past eleven years," said Steinert. "Oliver was an integral part of the foundation and vision of this company, and I am deeply grateful to have had the opportunity to work with him. All of us at CarGurus wish him well in his new adventures."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Walker & Dunlop (WD) Outlines Plans for Continued Growth, Intents to Grow Revenues to $2B by 2025
- Under Armour (UAA) Stock Plunges on CEO Change, Morgan Stanley Downgrades to Equal Weight on Rising Uncertainty
- Amarin Corp. (AMRN) Appoints Erin Enright and Alfonso Zulueta to its Board, Announces Leadership Changes
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!