Capital One Financial (COF) Tops Q4 EPS by $2.43, Revenues Beat
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Capital One Financial (NYSE: COF) reported Q4 EPS of $5.29, $2.43 better than the analyst estimate of $2.86. Revenue for the quarter came in at $7.34 billion versus the consensus estimate of $6.97 billion.
Fourth Quarter 2020 Income Statement Summary:
- Total net revenue decreased 1 percent to $7.3 billion.
- Total non-interest expense increased 13 percent to $4.0 billion:
- 99 percent increase in marketing.
- 6 percent increase in operating expenses.
- Pre-provision earnings decreased 13 percent to $3.3 billion(2).
- Provision for credit losses decreased 20 percent to $264 million:
- Net charge-offs of $856 million.
- $593 million loan reserve release.
- Net interest margin of 6.05 percent, an increase of 37 basis points.
- Efficiency ratio of 54.64 percent.
- Efficiency ratio excluding adjusting items of 55.06 percent(1).
- Operating efficiency ratio of 46.97 percent.
- Operating efficiency ratio excluding adjusting items of 47.39 percent(1).
"Our long-standing strategic choices put us in a strong position to respond to both the near-term challenges and the emerging opportunities as the pandemic plays out," said Richard D. Fairbank, Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "Despite the pressures of the pandemic in the near-term, nothing has changed about where we think our businesses are headed, or the long-term strategic opportunities that are being created as sweeping digital change continues to transform banking."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Capital One Financial (COF) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- WD-40 Co. (WDFC) Misses Q2 EPS by 8c
- UPDATE: Mizuho Securities Starts Ameren Corp (AEE) at Neutral (correction)
- PriceSmart (PSMT) Announces March Net Merchandise Sales
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!