Canopy Growth (CGC) Launches CBD-Infused Sparkling Water in US
- S&P 500, Dow end at record highs as weak jobs data eases rate worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar broadly weaker after U.S. jobs data disappoint
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Canopy Growth Corporation (NYSE: CGC) has launched “Quatreau” - a premium ready-to-drink CBD-infused sparkling water - in the US.
The launch comes after the product was launched in Canada last year, where it became the top-selling ready-to-drink CBD beverage, according to CGC.
"We have proven our beverage strategy in Canada, where we are currently the market share leader in CBD-infused ready-to-drink beverages, said Canopy Growth President and Chief Product Officer Rade Kovacevic.
"Beverages are fueling growth in the CBD category and we believe this product will resonate with U.S. consumers looking for a naturally flavored, zero sugar option."
Sparking water contains 20 mg of premium hemp-based CBD and one of four refreshing flavors - Mint, Guava, Lime, and Acai.
In separate news, Houseplant, a cannabis and lifestyle brand founded by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, is launching in the U.S. on March 11. The company was founded in Canada two years ago in partnership with CGC.
“We are thrilled to launch in the US, bringing cannabis products to our fellow Californians and an original line of Housegoods to consumers nationwide," Houseplant co-founder and CEO Michael Mohr said.
"It is only with great focus and consideration of these consumers that we are capable of delivering thoughtfully designed and innovative products that will enhance the homes and lives of many across the country."
CGC stock trades 1.5% higher in pre-open Tuesday after gaining over 6% on Monday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Onion Global Limited (OG) IPO Opens Sharply Higher
- Broadwind Energy (BWEN) Tops Q1 EPS by 10c, Revenues Miss; Offers 2Q Revenue Guidance Above Consensus
- Cronos Group (CRON) Reports Q1 Loss of $0.44
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesPre Market Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!