CTI BioPharma's (CTIC) Pacritinib Placed on Full Clinical Hold; NDA Withdrawn
- Fed jitters keep S&P, Nasdaq futures below record highs
- Roblox (RBLX) Lower as DAUs Fall Sequentially
- Oracle (ORCL) Tops Q4 EPS by 23c
- Oil hits new high near $75 on demand rise, falling inventories
- JPMorgan Sees Cleveland Cliffs (CLF) and Steel Dynamics (STLD) as Top Steel Picks, Strong Cash Flow Provided by High Prices a 'Generational Opportunity'
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
CTI BioPharma Corp. (CTI BioPharma) (Nasdaq: CTIC) provided an update regarding the clinical studies being conducted under the Company's Investigational New Drug ("IND") application for pacritinib. Following the issuance of the Company's February 8, 2016, press release describing the partial clinical hold issued by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regarding those clinical studies, the Company received an oral communication from the FDA followed by a letter notifying the Company that the Company's IND for pacritinib has been placed on full clinical hold. The Company has withdrawn its New Drug Application (NDA) until the Company has had a chance to review the safety and efficacy data from the PERSIST-2 Phase 3 clinical trial and decide next steps.
The FDA's February 8, 2016, letter notes the interim overall survival results from PERSIST-2 show a detrimental effect on survival consistent with the results from PERSIST-1. The deaths in PERSIST-2 in pacritinib-treated patients include intracranial hemorrhage, cardiac failure and cardiac arrest. The FDA made recommendations that supersede the recommendations made by the FDA in connection with the partial clinical hold imposed by the FDA on February 4, 2016. The current recommendations include conducting dose exploration studies for pacritinib in patients with myelofibrosis, submitting final study reports and datasets for PERSIST-1 and PERSIST-2, providing certain notifications, revising relevant statements in the related Investigator's Brochure and informed consent documents and making certain modifications to protocols. In addition, the FDA recommended that the Company request a meeting prior to submitting a response to full clinical hold.
Under the full clinical hold, all patients currently on pacritinib must discontinue pacritinib immediately and no patients can be enrolled or start pacritinib as initial or crossover treatment.
All clinical investigators worldwide have been delivered a notice of the full clinical hold.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Aprea Therapeutics (APRE) Phase 1/2 Trial of Eprenetapopt + Venetoclax + Azacitidine in TP53 Mutant AML Meets Complete Remission Primary Efficacy Endpoint
- Cracker Barrel (CBRL) Announces Pricing Of $275 Million Private Offering Of Convertible Senior Notes Due 2026
- 1847 Goedeker Inc. (GOED) Revenue Up 41.9% in May to $44.3M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Hot FDA News, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!