CRISPR Therapeutics (CRSP) Announces FDA RMAT Designation Granted to CTX110 for the Treatment of Relapsed or Refractory CD19+ B-cell malignancies
- Salesforce lifts annual guidance after Q3 earnings beat expectations; stock jumps
- Oil inches up, all eyes on OPEC+ meeting outcome
- Dollar edges up from three-month low, French inflation data dents euro
- Economic outlook deteriorates as growth, inflation slows: Fed's Beige Book
- UAW push to organize Tesla (TSLA) and non-union auto sector
CRISPR Therapeutics (Nasdaq: CRSP), a biopharmaceutical company focused on creating transformative gene-based medicines for serious diseases, today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted Regenerative Medicine Advanced Therapy (RMAT) designation to CTX110™, its wholly-owned allogeneic CAR-T cell therapy targeting CD19+ B-cell malignancies.
“This RMAT designation is based on the encouraging clinical data we have presented thus far, and it is an important milestone that recognizes the transformative potential of CTX110 for the treatment of hematological malignancies,” said Samarth Kulkarni, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer of CRISPR Therapeutics. “We look forward to working closely with the FDA as we continue our efforts to bring this important new therapeutic modality to patients.”
Established under the 21st Century Cures Act, RMAT designation is a dedicated program designed to expedite the drug development and review processes for promising pipeline products, including genetic therapies. A regenerative medicine therapy is eligible for RMAT designation if it is intended to treat, modify, reverse or cure a serious or life-threatening disease or condition, and preliminary clinical evidence indicates that the drug or therapy has the potential to address unmet medical needs for such disease or condition. Similar to Breakthrough Therapy designation, RMAT designation provides the benefits of intensive FDA guidance on efficient drug development, including the ability for early interactions with FDA to discuss surrogate or intermediate endpoints, potential ways to support accelerated approval and satisfy post-approval requirements, potential priority review of the biologics license application (BLA) and other opportunities to expedite development and review.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FDA Cautions Public of Safety Issue with Philips' (PHG) DreamStation 2 CPAP Machines
- Coherus BioSciences (CHRS) and Junshi Biosciences Announce Publication of Positive Final Overall Survival Results of JUPITER-02
- Entera Bio (ENTX) Reports Interim Results from Ongoing Clinical Study Confirm EB613 Optimized Profile for Osteoporosis Treatment and Potential for Entera’s Next Generation Oral Peptide Platform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!