CME Group (CME) Announces Record 1.3 Million SOFR Futures Contracts Traded on January 26
- Wall Street rallies, snaps longest weekly losing streak in decades
- 'Always Bet on Michael': Dell (DELL) Stock Soars After Crushing Estimates, Analysts Say Results are Impressive
- Credit Suisse Says Tesla (TSLA) Stock Offers an Attractive Entry Point, Sees Nearly 60% Upside From Here
- Citi Downgrades US Equities to Neutral on Recession Risk
- Elon Musk Says Recession Could Last 12 to 18 Months, But 'Actually a Good Thing'
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
CME Group, the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, today announced that SOFR futures volume surpassed 1 million contracts for the first time, reaching a new, single-day trading volume record of 1,308,621 contracts and setting a new open interest (OI) record of 2,804,640 contracts on January 26.
"These trading milestones reflect that market participants are increasingly turning to CME Group's deeply liquid SOFR futures and options to manage their risk," said Agha Mirza, CME Group Global Head of Rates and OTC Products. "Since the start of 2022, liquidity has continued to shift to our SOFR-based derivatives at an accelerated pace, with SOFR futures open interest now equivalent to nearly 25% of all Eurodollar futures open interest."
To date in January 2022, SOFR futures average daily volume (ADV) has grown to 664,603 contracts per day, up from nearly 290,000 contracts per day on average during December 2021. At the same time, Eurodollar and SOFR futures and options ADV at CME Group has grown to more than 4.6 million contracts a day, with the majority of these futures contracts linked to each other through the ISDA spread.
The prior records for SOFR futures daily volume and OI were 888,370 contracts traded on January 24 and 2,721,395 contracts OI on January 25 respectively.
SOFR futures are listed with and subject to the rules of CME. For more information on SOFR futures, please visit www.cmegroup.com/sofr.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades CME Group (CME) to Outperform
- Vallon Pharmaceuticals Inc. (VLON) Announces 3.7M Share Offering by Selling Stockholders
- SportsMap Tech Acquisition Corp. (SMAP) Receives Notice From Nasdaq Regarding Delayed Quarterly Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!