CGI Group (GIB) Tops Q1 EPS by 51c, Revenues Beat
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
CGI Group (NYSE: GIB) reported Q1 EPS of $1.33, $0.51 better than the analyst estimate of $0.82. Revenue for the quarter came in at $3.02 billion versus the consensus estimate of $2.26 billion.
Bookings up 24% and EPS up 24.5% year-over-year
Q1-F2021 performance highlights
- Revenue of $3.02 billion;
- Adjusted EBIT of $495.7 million, and margin of 16.4%, up 90 basis points year-over-year;
- Net earnings of $343.5 million, up 18.4%, for a margin of 11.4%;
- Diluted EPS of $1.32, up 24.5% year-over-year;
- Net earnings excluding specific items* of $347.2 million and diluted EPS of $1.33;
- Cash from operating activities of $597.5 million, up 28.4% year-over-year; and
- Bookings of $3.40 billion, for a book-to-bill ratio of 112.5%.
"CGI started fiscal 2021 with strong results as our operational discipline and quality client delivery contributed to earnings growth" said President and Chief Executive Officer, George D. Schindler. "Our business pipeline continues to improve, with bookings up 24% year-over-year as clients are increasingly turning to technology, and CGI, to assist them as they navigate the continuing pandemic and prepare for a post-pandemic environment. Our ability to offer relevant, timely and actionable insights to our clients combined with our strong cash generation will continue to drive profitable growth."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on CGI Group (GIB) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan (JPM) Tops Q1 EPS by $1.40, Revenues Beat
- The Lovesac Company (LOVE) Tops Q4 EPS by 79c, Revenues Beat
- Goldman profit smashes expectations on booming investment banking
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!