Byline Bancorp (BY) Tops Q4 EPS by 7c
- Banks, oil stocks set Wall St for rebound after Fed-induced rout
- Dollar loses some steam after Fed boost; bitcoin tumbles
- Oil steady on summer demand hopes but Iranian supply looms
- Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Plunge as China's Crackdown on Mining Intensifies, One-Third Of Global Processing Power Now Shut
- Headwinds are Building, Prepare for a Significant Market Correction, Says Top Market Analyst
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Byline Bancorp (NYSE: BY) reported Q4 EPS of $0.46, $0.07 better than the analyst estimate of $0.39. Revenue for the quarter came in at $62.9 million versus the consensus estimate of $64 million.
- Net income of $17.1 million, or $0.46 per diluted share, a record high since our initial public offering
- Net interest margin of 4.69% for the fourth quarter of 2018, compared to 4.73% for the third quarter of 2018, and 4.26% for the fourth quarter of 2017
- Net interest margin excluding accretion income1 improves to 4.13% for the fourth quarter of 2018, compared to 3.99% for the third quarter of 2018, and 3.96% for the fourth quarter of 2017
- Originated loans and leases grew to $2.2 billion at December 31, 2018, an increase of $171.6 million, or 8.3%, from September 30, 2018
- Efficiency ratio of 56.81% for the fourth quarter of 2018, compared to 56.57% for the third quarter of 2018, and 66.06% for the fourth quarter of 2017
- Adjusted efficiency ratio1 improves to 54.95% for the fourth quarter of 2018, compared to 55.78% for the third quarter of 2018, and 63.23% for the fourth quarter of 2017
- Return on average assets improves to 1.39% for the fourth quarter of 2018, compared to 1.20% for the third quarter of 2018, and (0.09)% for the fourth quarter of 2017
- Return on average stockholders’ equity improves to 10.61% for the fourth quarter of 2018, compared to 9.22% for the third quarter of 2018, and (0.66)% for the fourth quarter of 2017
Alberto J. Paracchini, President and Chief Executive Officer of Byline, commented, “We delivered a very strong quarter, characterized by a strong net interest margin, improved operating performance, lower credit costs and solid organic growth, with contributions coming from our diversified commercial lending platform, branch network and government guaranteed lending business. Earnings for the quarter were the highest since our IPO, and reflect the hard work of our employees in serving customers and the successful integration of First Evanston.
“We remain focused on executing our strategy of pursuing disciplined organic growth and improving operating efficiencies in 2019. We believe our pending acquisition of Oak Park River Forest Bankshares, Inc. will enhance our position in an attractive Chicago metropolitan market, provide an important source of low-cost deposits, and further enhance the value of the Byline franchise. Completing the acquisition and ensuring a smooth transition for customers and colleagues is a top priority for 2019,” said Mr. Paracchini.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Byline Bancorp (BY) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Uber (UBER) to acquire interests in Cornershop in an all-stock transaction
- JinkoSolar (JKS) Subsidiary Announces Investment of RMB315 million in Inner Mongolia Xinte High-purity Polysilicon Production Project with Annual Capacity of 100,000 Tons
- Synopsys (SNPS) to Acquire Semiconductor and Flat Panel Display Solutions from BISTel
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!