Broadcom (AVGO) Tops Q1 EPS by 6c, Revenues Beat; Offers 2Q Revenues Guidance Above Consensus
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Broadcom (NASDAQ: AVGO) reported Q1 EPS of $6.61, $0.06 better than the analyst estimate of $6.55. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.66 billion versus the consensus estimate of $6.61 billion.
"We executed well during our first fiscal quarter driving 14% organic growth year on year," said Hock Tan, President and CEO of Broadcom Inc. "This growth reflects the critical role our technology franchises play in this environment of accelerated digital transformation."
"This quarter highlights the strength of our financial model with 14% year over year revenue growth translating to an increase in operating profit of 23%," said Kirsten Spears, CFO of Broadcom Inc. "We continue to deliver strong free cash flow, approximately $3 billion in the quarter, representing 35% growth on a year on year basis."
Broadcom sees Q2 2021 revenue of $6.5 billion, versus the consensus of $6.33 billion.
Based on current business trends and conditions, the outlook for the second quarter of fiscal year 2021, ending May 2, 2021, is expected to be as follows:
- Second quarter revenue guidance of approximately $6.5 billion; and
- Second quarter Adjusted EBITDA guidance of approximately 59 percent of projected revenue
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Broadcom (AVGO) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JinkoSolar (JKS) Misses Q4 EPS by 25c, Revenue Beats, Offers Guidance
- Good Times Restaurants (GTIM) Reports Second Quarter Same Store Sales
- Constellation Brands (STZ) Tops Q4 EPS by 27c, Offer Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!