Blue Bird (BLBD) names Britton Smith as company president
- S&P 500, Nasdaq notch biggest weekly losses since March
- S&P 500 could end the year over 10% higher from here - Piper Sandler
- Citi says Meta shares to rally in near term on share gains, upcoming AI event
- Ads are coming to Amazon Prime Video next year; Stock pops
- 'Sell the last rate hike' strategy is in action, stocks could fall further - BofA's Hartnett
Electric and low-emission school bus company, Blue Bird Corporation (Nasdaq: BLBD) announced Friday that the automaker has appointed Britton Smith to president, effective July 1, 2023. Phil Horlock, Blue Bird president and CEO, will continue to hold the role of CEO after Smith’s appointment takes effect.
“Under Britton’s leadership, we have significantly expanded our market-leading position in electric school bus transportation,” said Phil Horlock, president and CEO, Blue Bird Corporation. “As school districts across North America accelerate the transition to electric school bus fleets, zero-emission vehicles represent the most dynamic growth opportunity for Blue Bird for years to come. As president, Britton will focus his broad industry experience and leadership capabilities on Blue Bird’s entire portfolio of zero- and low-emission school buses. Our Blue Bird team, together with the best dealer network in the business, will continue to advance clean student transportation and shape the future of our industry.”
Smith joined Blue Bird in March 2022 as Senior Vice President of Electrification and Chief Strategy Officer. The appointment of Smith to President recognizes the increasing importance of electrification to Blue Bird’s growth strategy.
Shares of BLBD are up 3.53% in afternoon trading on Friday.
By Michael Elkins | [email protected]
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Toyota (TM) to ramp EV production speed; aims for 600K units in 2025
- Kiora Pharmaceuticals (KPRX) Announces Chairman Retirement
- Veradigm (MDRX) Announces Receipt of Nasdaq Delisting Notice and Intent to Appeal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot List, Management Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesMichael Elkins
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!