Blackstone and Starwood Capital Group Complete Acquisition of Extended Stay America (STAY)
- S&P 500 falls from record high as job growth slows
- Private Sector Employment Increased by 330,000 Jobs in July, Missing Expectations
- General Motors (GM) Misses on Profit Estimates as Bolt EV Recall Weighs on Earnings, Challenging Chip Situation and 'Cautious' Profit Outlook Pulling Shares Lower Says Analyst
- U.S. services sector index races to record high in July -ISM survey
- Softbank-Backed Zymergen (ZY) Crashes Over 70% as CEO Departs, Product Revenue Not Possible in 2021 and 'Immaterial' in 2022, At Least 6 Firms Downgrade
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Extended Stay America, Inc. (“ESA”) and its paired-share REIT, ESH Hospitality, Inc. (“ESH” and, together with ESA, “Extended Stay” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: STAY) today announced the completion of their previously announced acquisition by funds managed by Blackstone Real Estate Partners (“Blackstone”) and Starwood Capital Group for $20.50 per paired share in cash in a transaction valued at approximately $6 billion.
As required under the terms of the Company’s definitive merger agreement, the Board of Directors of ESA, on June 15, 2021, declared a special cash dividend of $1.75 per share of common stock of ESA that was paid immediately before the effective time of the mergers to holders of record as of the close of business on June 15, 2021. Company shareholders who held their paired shares of common stock on the record date for the special cash dividend and through the effective time of the mergers are entitled to receive an aggregate of $20.50 in cash, consisting of the $1.75 special cash dividend and merger consideration which, as reduced by the $1.75 special cash dividend, was comprised of $10.40 per share of ESA common stock and $8.35 per share of Class B common stock of ESH. As a result of the transaction, the paired shares will cease trading on the Nasdaq Global Select Market.
Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC served as lead financial advisor to the Company and BofA Securities also served as financial advisor to the Company. Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP acted as legal counsel.
J.P. Morgan, Citigroup Global Markets Inc. and Deutsche Bank acted as financial advisors and provided debt financing to Blackstone and Starwood. Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP acted as legal advisor to Blackstone, and Kirkland & Ellis LLP acted as legal advisor to Starwood Capital.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- VICI Properties Inc. (VICI) Announces $17.2 Billion Strategic Acquisition of MGM Growth Properties LLC (MGP)
- CVS Health (CVS) PT Raised to $95 at Cantor Fitzgerald
- Reliance Steel (RS) Acquires Merfish United from OEP
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs, Citi, Dividend, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!