BlackSky (BKSY) Announces Five-Year NASA Contract for Rapid Revisit Satellite Imaging Data
- S&P 500 ends slightly lower after jobs report
- U.S. job juggernaut rolled on in November; nonfarm payrolls up 263,000
- We are selling risk rallies - Bank of America's Hartnett
- United Airlines (UAL) nearing deal to order dozens of Boeing 787 Dreamliners - WSJ
- Meta Platforms says metaverse could contribute over $3 trillion to global GDP by 2031
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BlackSky (NYSE: BKSY) secured a five-year, sole-source blanket purchase agreement by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to provide high revisit satellite imaging data in support of the agency’s existing Earth observation research to advance predictive capabilities.
“This award reflects yet another valuable point of alignment between government demand and BlackSky’s commercially available real-time, global intelligence products,” said Brian E. O’Toole, CEO of BlackSky. “Helping NASA-backed researchers broaden their understanding around critical changes in the Earth’s ecosystems, oceanography, geographic and polar sciences is vitally important.”
“Our constellation delivers, dawn-to-dusk imaging that facilitates automatic pattern-of-life monitoring and anomaly detection. Fusing that data with our Spectra AI platform enables compelling and actionable scientific observations about our planet,” he added.
As part of NASA’s Commercial Smallsat Data Acquisition Program (CSDAP), research teams worldwide will have access to high spectral and spatial resolutions with increased temporal frequency and other novel capabilities.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lakeshore Acquisition Corp I (LAAA) Shareholders Approve Business Combination with ProSomnus
- Tesla (TSLA) delivers first EV Semi-truck; no update on output or pricing
- Goodyear Tire (GT) announces election of Norma B. Clayton to its Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!