BlackBerry (BBRY) Announces Patent License Agreement with BLU Products
- S&P, Dow futures edge higher ahead of inflation data
- U.S. Calls for Pause of J&J (JNJ) Vaccine After Clotting Cases, Including One Death
- Biggest SPAC Deal Ever: Grab To Go Public in a $40 Billion Merger With Altimeter (AGC), Backed by Fidelity and BlackRock
- Oil prices tick up after robust China data
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Soars 5% to Fresh Record Highs Ahead of Coinbase IPO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY) and BLU Products announced today they have entered into a patent license agreement. This will result in settlement of all existing patent litigation between the two companies and withdrawal of pending actions in the United States. The financial structure of the agreement includes on-going payments from BLU Products to BlackBerry. Additional terms of the agreement are confidential.
"We are very pleased to have reached this patent license agreement with BLU Products," said Jerald Gnuschke, senior director of Intellectual Property Licensing, BlackBerry. "The consummation of this agreement enables us to focus on further licensing opportunities in the mobile communications market."
BlackBerry's portfolio consists of approximately 40,000 worldwide patents and applications covering a wide array of technologies including wireless communications, networking infrastructure, acoustics, messaging, enterprise software, operating systems, virtualization and cybersecurity.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Novocure (NVCR) Reports Update on Phase 3 Pivotal LUNAR Trial of Tumor Treating Fields in NSCLC
- Amarin Corp. (AMRN) CEO John Thero to Retire, Karim Mikhail to Succeed
- Bally's Corporation (BALY) And Gamesys Group Announce Definitive Terms Of Combination
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!