Biofrontera AG (BFRA) Announces FDA-approval of the BF-RhodoLED XL lamp
- Wall Street ends higher in robust rebound from Omicron-driven rout
- DiDi Global (DIDI) to Delist from NYSE, Pursue Hong Kong Listing
- Apple (AAPL) Tells Suppliers iPhone Demand Slowing as Holidays Near - Bloomberg
- Boeing (BA) Stock Gains as China Aviation Authority Paves Way for 737 MAX Return
- Ulta Salon (ULTA) Stock Up 6% on Q3 Beat and Raised 2021 Guidance
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Biofrontera AG (NASDAQ: BFRA), an international biopharmaceutical company, today announced the approval of the new red-light source for photodynamic therapy (PDT), the BF-RhodoLED® XL, by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). In accordance with FDA requirements, the approval was granted as a combination approval with our prescription drug Ameluz®, same as the approval with the predecessor model BF-RhodoLED®.
The new, larger BF-RhodoLED® XL was approved in combination with Ameluz® for the treatment of mild and moderate actinic keratoses on the face and scalp, which corresponds to the current approval of Ameluz®. The new PDT lamp enables the illumination of larger areas, enabling the simultaneous treatment of several actinic keratoses distant from each other.
Ahead of the approval by the FDA, the new lamp was protected by several patent applications, which, due to the specifics of the FDA's combination approval, will also contribute to the protection of the prescription drug Ameluz® in the US-market once the patents are granted.
The treatment parameters of the new BF-RhodoLED® XL, such as light dose, illumination time and wavelength of light are identical to the predecessor model BF-RhodoLED®. In order to meet the FDA's strict requirements for the manufacture of a class III medical device, production of the new lamp has, similar to the older model, been established at the Company's headquarters in Leverkusen. At present, there are no plans to market the new BF-RhodoLED® XL in Europe. The BF-RhodoLED® model will continue to be offered in all our markets.
Biofrontera AG, Hemmelrather Weg 201, 51377 LeverkusenISIN: DE0006046113WKN: 604611
Contact: Biofrontera AGTel: +49 (0214) 87 63 2 0, Fax: +49 (0214) 87 63 290Email: email@example.com
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Valneva (VALN) Confirms Initiation of Rolling Review with EMA and Provides Updates on its COVID-19 Vaccine Program VLA2001
- Acasti Pharma (ACST) Announces Interim Data Meets All Primary Endpoints for Pivotal PK Study for GTX-104
- Vir Biotechnology (VIR) Stock Soars on Early Omicron Testing Data
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!