BeyondSpring (BYSI) Announces Organizational Streamlining
- Wall Street rallies as Fed minutes meet expectations
- NVIDIA Shares Drop 6% on Disappointing Guidance, While Q1 Earnings Beat
- Apple (AAPL) Reportedly Behind Schedule in Development of the New iPhone, Analyst Cuts Price Target on Risk to June Quarter iPhone Revenue
- Oil edges higher on tight supply, rising U.S. refining activity
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/25: NVIDIA, Snowflake Sink on Weaker Guidance; Williams-Sonoma Surges on Strong Numbers (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BeyondSpring Pharmaceuticals (the “Company” or “BeyondSpring”) (NASDAQ: BYSI), a global pharmaceutical company focused on the development of cancer therapeutics, today announced an organizational streamlining initiative focused on prioritizing the Company’s highest value business activities, extending its cash runway and preserving long-term sustainability.
As part of the reorganization, BeyondSpring is reducing its U.S. workforce by 35%, including reassignment of certain personnel to subsidiaries, which is expected to result in cost savings that will extend the cash runway. The reorganization follows BeyondSpring’s receipt of a Complete Response Letter from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the New Drug Application (NDA) seeking approval of plinabulin in combination with granulocyte colony-stimulating factor for the prevention of chemotherapy-induced neutropenia (CIN) on November 30, 2021.
“The reorganization of BeyondSpring is a necessary step forward for the Company to deliver on its mission to develop innovative cancer therapies and improve clinical outcomes for patients who have high unmet medical needs globally,” said Dr. Lan Huang, BeyondSpring’s co-founder, chief executive officer and chairwoman. “This reorganization will enable BeyondSpring to reduce operating expenses and extend its cash runway. We express sincere appreciation to colleagues impacted by this decision, and thank our team members for their contributions.”
Going forward, BeyondSpring intends to prioritize the following clinical and regulatory activities:
- Continued advancement of the regulatory process of plinabulin in CIN in China and the U.S.
- NDA filing and regulatory process of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) in the U.S. and China
- Advancement of immune-oncology (IO) trials with plinabulin in triple combination IO therapy in various cancers.
The Company remains committed to optimizing the value of the plinabulin franchise through further clinical development in areas of unmet medical need.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Exxon Mobil (XOM) annual Shareholders Meeting highlights company’s plans to play a leading role in the energy transition
- NRx Pharmaceuticals (NRXP) Announces Resignation of Chief Corporate Officer and General Counsel Alessandra Daigneault
- MeridianLink (MLNK) Announces CFO Resignation, Appoints Nicolaas Vlok as Interim Replacement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!