Bank Of Marin Bancorp (BMRC) Tops Q3 EPS by 8c
- Tesla lifts Nasdaq to record-high close, S&P 500 dips
- Bitcoin (BTC) Recovers to $34,000 as Analysts Insists Crypto Winter Won't Repeat Again
- Dollar edges higher as Fed debate over inflation continues
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys ~$77M in Bitcoin-Related Securities Yesterday on Dip
- Microsoft (MSFT) Price Target Raised to 'Street High' $325 at Wedbush as Cloud Story Is Not Slowing Down
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Bank Of Marin Bancorp (NASDAQ: BMRC) reported Q3 EPS of $0.69, $0.08 better than the analyst estimate of $0.61.
Bancorp also provided the following highlights from the third quarter of 2019:
- Loans totaled $1,798.7 million at September 30, 2019, compared to $1,764.9 million at June 30, 2019, an increase of $33.8 million. New loan originations of $77.3 million in the third quarter were mainly distributed across Commercial Banking and Consumer Banking. Payoffs of $38.5 million in the third quarter consisted largely of loans for which the underlying assets were sold and the successful completion of construction projects.
- Total deposits increased $122.5 million in the third quarter to $2,224.5 million. Non-interest bearing deposits represented 50% of total deposits in the third quarter and have been at or near this level since the beginning of last year. The cost of average deposits increased to 0.21% in the third quarter, compared to 0.20% in the second quarter of 2019.
- Strong credit quality remains a cornerstone of the Bank\'s consistent performance. Non-accrual loans represented only 0.02% of the Bank\'s loan portfolio at September 30, 2019, compared to 0.03% at June 30, 2019. A $400 thousand provision for loan losses was recorded in the third quarter of 2019 to account for the loan growth, and there was no provision for losses on off-balance sheet commitments.
- Earnings were positively impacted by a benefit collected on bank-owned-life insurance (\"BOLI\") policies and a $327 thousand adjustment to the income tax provision related to a deferred tax liability true-up. These items positively impacted diluted earnings per share by approximately $0.06 for the quarter and first nine months of 2019. Without these two positive impacts, return on assets and return on equity for the third quarter would have been 1.35% and 10.28%, respectively.
- All capital ratios were above regulatory requirements. The total risk-based capital ratio for Bancorp was 15.3% at September 30, 2019, compared to 15.2% at June 30, 2019. Tangible common equity to tangible assets was 11.7% at September 30, 2019, compared to 12.0% at June 30, 2019 (refer to footnote 3 on page 5 for a definition of this non-GAAP financial measure).
- The Board of Directors declared a cash dividend of $0.21 per share on October 18, 2019. This represents the 58th consecutive quarterly dividend paid by Bank of Marin Bancorp. The dividend is payable on November 8, 2019, to shareholders of record at the close of business on November 1, 2019.
“Our third quarter performance was once again very good, with strong deposit and loan growth while maintaining excellent credit quality,” said Russell A. Colombo, President and Chief Executive Officer. “We are seeing positive results from our investment in organic growth, specifically the consistent loan volume coming from a number of our offices.”
“Bank of Marin’s third quarter results reflect the success of our commitment to consistent, disciplined relationship banking,” said Tani Girton, EVP and Chief Financial Officer. “With a return on assets of 1.33% and efficiency ratio of 56.83% year-to-date, and an increase in tax-equivalent net interest margin of 12 basis points year-over-year, we are well-positioned to finish the year strong.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Bank Of Marin Bancorp (BMRC) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Concentrix Corporation (CNXC) Tops Q2 EPS by 11c, Offers Q3 Guidance
- Best Solar Stocks to Invest in 2021? Wall Street Weighs In
- General Motors (GM), Shell Team to Offer Renewable Energy Solutions in U.S.
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!