BancorpSouth (BXS) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
- Wall St gains with upbeat earnings and forecasts
- Amazon (AMZN) Tops Q2 EPS by $2.90, Revenue Misses, Q3 Guidance Falls Short of Consensus
- Robinhood (HOOD) IPO Opens Flat
- Didi (DIDI) Gains on WSJ Report It Considers Going Private, Company Denies
- Facebook (FB) Tops Profit and Revenue Estimates, But Shares Lower on Warning of Significant Growth Slowdown, Analyst Still Raises PT to a New 'Street High'
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BancorpSouth (NYSE: BXS) reported Q4 EPS of $0.41, in-line with the analyst estimate of $0.41.
Highlights for the fourth quarter of 2017 included:
- Net income of $37.5 million, or $0.41 per diluted share.
- Reported total deposit growth of $139.6 million, or 4.7 percent on an annualized basis.
- Total noninterest expense declined compared to both the third quarter of 2017 and the fourth quarter of 2016.
- Earnings benefitted from a positive pre-tax mortgage servicing rights ("MSR") valuation adjustment of $2.4 million.
- Net operating income – excluding MSR – of $36.8 million, or $0.41 per diluted share.
- Recorded additional income tax expense of $0.6 million, or $0.01 per share, to reflect the net impact of certain strategic tax planning decisions as well as the revaluation of the net deferred tax asset resulting from corporate tax law changes enacted by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on BancorpSouth (BXS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- DoubleVerify Holdings Inc. (DV) Misses Q2 EPS by 7c
- Evans Bancorp (EVBN) Tops Q2 EPS by 19c
- Cedar Realty Trust (CDR) Posts Q2 EPS of $3.52
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!