BJ's Wholesale Club (BJ) Announces Unexpected Passing of President and CEO Lee Delaney
- Wall Street ends down, pulled lower by growth stocks
- Earnings Estimates are 'Likely Too Optimistic', Risk Not Fully Reflected - Goldman
- Buffett's Berkshire (BRK) Raises Its Occidental (OXY) Stake to 16.4%
- Nike (NKE) Drops After Results, Morgan Stanley Positive After 'Reset' Quarter
- Nike (NKE) Reports Q4 Beat, Shares Up Nearly 2%
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BJ’s Wholesale Club (NYSE: BJ) announced that Lee Delaney (48), the Company’s President and Chief Executive Officer, passed away unexpectedly yesterday due to presumed natural causes.
Christopher J. Baldwin, Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors, issued the following statement on behalf of the Board: “We are shocked and profoundly saddened by the passing of Lee Delaney. Lee was a brilliant and humble leader who cared deeply for his colleagues, his family and his community. We extend our most heartfelt condolences and sympathy to his family, especially his wife and two children. We will honor his legacy and remember the extraordinary impact he had on so many. Our thoughts are with them during this difficult time.”
Bob Eddy, Executive Vice President, Chief Administrative and Financial Officer, has been named Interim Chief Executive Officer by the Board of Directors, effective immediately. Eddy joined the Company in 2007 and was named Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer in 2011. He assumed the role of Chief Administrative Officer in 2018. Additionally, Christopher J. Baldwin, Chairman of the Board of Directors, has been appointed Executive Chairman.
“Bob partnered closely with Lee and has played an integral role in transforming and growing BJ’s Wholesale Club,” said Baldwin on behalf of the Board. “We have the utmost confidence in Bob’s leadership and his deep knowledge of the business. We expect to announce permanent changes to our leadership within a reasonably short timeframe, aided by our prior succession planning.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- State Street (STT) Reports Stress Test Results, Plans to Hike Dividend to $0.63
- Northern Lights Acquisition Corp (NLIT) Reschedules Special Meeting, Confirm Funding to Extend Period to Megre
- VEON Ltd. (VEON) Reports Q1 Revenue of $1.82B, Net Profit of $375M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!