Axcelis Technologies (ACLS) Announces Shipment Of The Second 'Purion XEmax' To A Leading Foundry In Asia Pacific
- S&P 500, Dow set to ease from record levels; Coca-Cola rises on results
- UK to Intervene on National Security Grounds on NVIDIA (NVDA) and Arm Deal
- GameStop (GME) announces George Sherman will be stepping down as CEO
- Dollar slumps to 6-week low, Bitcoin steadies after weekend drop
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Axcelis Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: ACLS), a leading supplier of innovative, high-productivity solutions for the semiconductor industry, announced today that it has shipped the second Purion XEmax™ high energy evaluation system to a leading foundry in the Asia Pacific region. The Purion XEmax will be used for CMOS image sensor manufacturing. The system shipped in the first quarter.
Bill Bintz, Executive Vice President, Product Development explained, "We are excited by recent evaluation shipments of new Purion product extensions that will increase our footprint and drive Axcelis toward our $650M target business model. Strong growth in the image sensor market continues to drive robust demand for high energy implant. The new Purion XEmax, combined with the popular Purion XE family of products, will extend Axcelis' market and technology leadership in this high growth market."
The Purion XEmax The new Purion XEmax high energy implanter was designed for emerging, high performance image sensor applications. The enhanced beamline features multiple filtration systems to eliminate energetic metal contaminants which can otherwise result in compromised dark current and white pixel count levels. The new system is built on the industry leading Purion XE high energy implant platform and features Axcelis' new patented Boost Technology™, which delivers beam energies up to 15 MeV. With innovative new technology, the Purion XEmax is delivering the most precise angle and overall process control to enable higher quality photodiode performance for next generation CIS devices.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Penn Virginia Corporation (PVAC) Provides Operational Update
- AgEagle Aerial Systems (UAVS) Announces Acquisition of Measure
- Teva Pharma (TEVA) Announces New Clinical and Real-World Data Evaluating Efficacy of AJOVY (fremanezumab-vfrm) Injection and Reduction of Migraine Burden