Autolus Therapeutics (AUTL) Receives PRIME designation for AUTO1 for the treatment of adult ALL
- Wall Street heads for subdued start as Netflix, oil drop
- Netflix (NFLX) Plunges Following Q1 Sub Miss, But One Analyst Sees Chance to Turn Bullish
- Oil prices drop as India's COVID-19 surge dents demand outlook
- Dollar firm as COVID-19 resurgence hits reflation trades
- Manchester United (MANU) Stock Falls as European Super League Collapses Amid Huge Fans Backlash
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Autolus Therapeutics plc (Nasdaq: AUTL), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing next-generation programmed T cell therapies, today announced that it has received PRIority MEdicines (PRIME) designation from the European Medicines Agency (EMA) for AUTO1, the company’s CAR T cell therapy being investigated in the ongoing FELIX Phase 1b/2 study in relapsed / refractory (r/r) adult B-Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL).
“We are pleased to have received PRIME designation for AUTO1 as it will accelerate the review of a promising therapy targeting unmet medical need,” said Dr. Christian Itin, chairman and chief executive officer of Autolus. “The designation comes soon after we presented compelling activity and safety data from the ALLCAR Phase 1 clinical trial at the 62nd American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting. We believe AUTO1 could change standard of care by offering a potentially curative therapy for r/r ALL.”
The PRIME program aims to optimize development plans and speed up evaluation of medicines that may offer a major therapeutic advantage over existing treatments or benefit patients without treatment options. The PRIME designation is awarded by the EMA to promising medicines that target an unmet medical need. To be eligible and accepted for PRIME, a medicine has to show its potential to benefit patients with unmet medical needs based on early clinical data coupled with non-clinical data. Through the PRIME program, the EMA offers enhanced support to medicine developers including early interaction and dialogue, and a pathway for accelerated evaluation by the agency. The program is intended to optimize development plans and expedite the review and approval process so that these medicines may reach patients as early as possible.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Vir Biotechnology (VIR), VBI Vaccines (VBIV) & Brii Biosciences Begin Phase 2 Clinical Trial of BRII-835 (VIR-2218) in Combination with BRII-179 (VBI-2601) for Treatment of Hepatitis B
- Nuverra Environmental (NES) Announces Appointment of Patrick L. Bond as Chief Executive Officer
- Bok Financial Corp (BOKF) Tops Q1 EPS by 18c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!