AutoNation (AN) Tops Q4 EPS by 42c, Revenues Beat
- S&P 500, Nasdaq open higher; Amex, Honeywell weigh on Dow
- No Surprises in President Biden's Reported Capital Gains Proposal, a 28% Rate Looks Most Likely - Goldman Sachs
- Bitcoin tumbles below $50,000, other cryptos sink over Biden tax plans
- Snap (SNAP) Beats Q1 Estimates Amid 'Robust Ad Environment,' Analysts Raise Numbers and PTs
- Intel (INTC) Tops Q1 EPS by 24c, Offers Guidance
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
AutoNation (NYSE: AN) reported Q4 EPS of $2.43, $0.42 better than the analyst estimate of $2.01. Revenue for the quarter came in at $5.79 billion versus the consensus estimate of $5.56 billion.
Fourth quarter 2020 Operational Summary:
- Revenue – Same-store revenue was $5.8 billion, an increase of 5% compared to the year-ago period.
- Gross Profit - Same-store gross profit totaled $984 million, an increase of 11% compared to the year-ago period.
- New Vehicle Gross Profit - Same-store new vehicle gross profit per vehicle retailed was a record $2,775, up $919 or 50% compared to the year-ago period.
- Used Vehicle Gross Profit - Same-store used vehicle gross profit per vehicle retailed was $1,565, up $127 or 9% compared to the year-ago period.
- Customer Financial Services Gross Profit - Same-store Customer Financial Services gross profit per vehicle retailed was a record $2,209, up $218 or 11% compared to the year-ago period.
- SG&A as a Percentage of Gross Profit –SG&A as a percentage of gross profit was 64.1%. Adjusted SG&A as a percentage of gross profit was 63.8%, an improvement of 820 basis points compared to the prior year.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on AutoNation (AN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- American Express (AXP) Tops Q1 EPS by $1.13, Revenues Miss
- AutoNation Inc. (AN) PT Raised to $100 at Truist Securities
- Sensient Technologies (SXT) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c, Revenues Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!