Atossa Genetics (ATOS), Besins Healthcare Enter Litigation Settlement
- Wall St gains with upbeat earnings and forecasts
- Amazon (AMZN) Tops Q2 EPS by $2.90, Revenue Misses, Q3 Guidance Falls Short of Consensus
- Robinhood (HOOD) IPO Opens Flat
- Didi (DIDI) Gains on WSJ Report It Considers Going Private, Company Denies
- Facebook (FB) Tops Profit and Revenue Estimates, But Shares Lower on Warning of Significant Growth Slowdown, Analyst Still Raises PT to a New 'Street High'
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Atossa Genetics, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATOS) and Besins Healthcare Luxembourg SARL ("Besins") have agreed, pursuant to a Termination Agreement dated August 4, 2016, to terminate their Intellectual Property License Agreement dated May 14, 2015 (the "License Agreement"), dismiss the legal action relating to the License Agreement pending in the United States District Court for the District of Delaware captioned Atossa Genetics, Inc. v. Besins Healthcare Luxembourg SARL, Case No. 1:16-cv-00045-UNA (the "Litigation"), and settle all claims and counterclaims asserted in the Litigation. Atossa and Besins have further agreed, pursuant to and as set forth in the Termination Agreement, that Besins will assume, and Atossa shall have no further rights to, all clinical, regulatory, manufacturing, and all other development and commercialization of 4-hydroxy tamoxifen and Afimoxifene Topical Gel (the "AfTG Program").
In consideration for Atossa's comprehensive relinquishment of all rights granted in the License Agreement, termination of the License Agreement, cessation of all efforts to develop Afimoxifene Gel, delivery of all API manufactured to date, assignment of a Drug Master File, delivery to Besins of the work product Atossa has completed to date, and other consideration, Besins will reimburse Atossa for out-of-pocket expenses incurred by Atossa to pursue the AfTG Program and will make a termination payment in the total amount of $1,762,931.
"Proceeds from the settlement allow us to recoup our investment in the AfTG Progam and will contribute significantly to our financial resources as we focus on our two lead programs: our Phase II study of fulvestrant administered intra-ductally via our microcatheters and oral endoxifen for breast cancer patients who are refractory to tamoxifen," commented Steve Quay, Ph.D., M.D., Chief Executive Officer and President of Atossa.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Qualtrics International (XM) to Acquire Clarabridge
- Par Pacific (PARR) Appoints Anthony Chase to its Board
- JinkoSolar (JKS) Receives Favorable Summary Affirmance of Non-Infringement from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in U.S. ITC Patent Investigation Brought by Hanwha Q CELLS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!