Asbury Automotive Group (ABG) Appoints Michael Welch as CFO
- Wall St ends down as two-day rally fizzles on data, Fed message
- S&P 500 Bounce Reportedly Powered by a Significant Options Trade
- Oil Jumps on OPEC+ 'Deep Cut'; Biden Hints at More SPR Releases
- Creating a New Platform is a Must says Analyst as Musk Teases Turning Twitter into Super 'X' App
- More Stress and VIX Above 40 Before 'Powell Put' is Triggered - Wells Fargo
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Asbury Automotive Group, Inc. (NYSE: ABG) announced that Michael Welch will join the Company as its Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer effective August 9, 2021.
“Michael has spent over 20 years working in the automotive retail industry so he brings with him a deep understanding of the auto retail business along with broad experience in financial management, treasury, accounting and auditing, which will prove invaluable as we continue to execute on our five-year growth plan. I am very excited to have Michael join the Asbury Team,” said President & CEO David Hult.
Mr. Welch joins the Company from Group 1 Automotive, Inc. a NYSE-listed Fortune 500 automotive retailer with automotive dealerships and collision centers in the United States, United Kingdom and Brazil, where he served as the Vice President and Corporate Controller since June 2019. From June 2000 until June 2019, Mr. Welch held various other positions with GPI of increasing responsibility, where he gained extensive experience in treasury, financial reporting, financial planning and analysis and internal audit. Mr. Welch began his career at Price Waterhouse. Mr. Welch received his Bachelor of Business Administration from Oklahoma Baptist University, and is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the State of Texas.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Under Armour (UA) (UAA) Announces Changes To Executive Leadership Team
- Central Valley Community (CVCY) Names Interim Chief Financial Officer
- Coursera Inc. (COUR) Appoints Shravan K. Goli as COO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!