Aptiv (APTV) Tops Q4 EPS by 14c, Revenues Beat; Offers FY21 EPS Guidance Below Consensus, Provides FY21 Revenue Outlook
- Wall Street ends mixed despite bumper big-bank earnings
- Coinbase (COIN) Soars 52% in Public Debut
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) Nears Deal to Buy PPD, Inc. (PPD) for More Than $15 Billion -DJ
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports a Q1 Beat on Revenue and Profit Fueled by Release of $5.2 Billion Reserved for Bad Loans; Shares Slightly Down
- Dell Technologies (DELL) Announces Planned VMware (VMW) Spin-Off
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Aptiv (NYSE: APTV) reported Q4 EPS of $1.13, $0.14 better than the analyst estimate of $0.99. Revenue for the quarter came in at $4.2 billion versus the consensus estimate of $3.82 billion.
Fourth Quarter Highlights Include:
- U.S. GAAP revenue of $4.2 billion, an increase of 17%
- Revenue increased 14% adjusted for currency exchange, commodity movements and divestitures
- U.S. GAAP net income of $283 million, diluted earnings per share of $1.04
- Excluding special items, diluted earnings per share of $1.13
- U.S. GAAP operating income margin of 10.6%, operating income of $446 million
- Adjusted Operating Income margin of 11.3%; Adjusted Operating Income of $476 million; Adjusted EBITDA of $678 million
- Generated $799 million of cash from operations
"Last year was a year like no other. Despite the industry declines caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, Aptiv delivered strong performance, validating the strength of our portfolio of market relevant technologies aligned to the safe, green and connected megatrends, resulting in over $13 billion of revenue and 10 points of growth over market in 2020," said Kevin Clark, president and chief executive officer. "Throughout the pandemic, Aptiv kept our most important asset – our people – safe, and we were able to continue innovating and delivering for our customers. As the economic recovery takes hold, Aptiv is enabling our customers to thrive – facilitating the accelerating transition to an electrified, software-defined vehicle. We solve some of the industry's toughest challenges, creating exceptional value for customers, which in turn generates best-in-class, sustainable returns for shareholders. In 2021, even as the industry braces for continued pandemic-related challenges, our relentless focus on execution positions Aptiv for continued outperformance."
Aptiv sees FY2021 EPS of $3.35-$3.85, versus the consensus of $4.04. Aptiv sees FY2021 revenue of $15.125-15.725 billion, versus the consensus of $15.35 billion.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Aptiv (APTV) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- LCI Industries (LCII) Announces Prelim. 1Q21 Sales Above Consensus
- Shaw Communications (SJR) Reports Q2 EPS of Cdn$0.43 on Revenues of Cdn$1.387B
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Receives EC Approval for Opdivo in Combination with Cabometyx as First-Line Treatment for Patients with Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!