Applied Materials (AMAT) Announces Update on Kokusai Electric Acquisition Agreement
- U.S. stocks close down on news of Biden tax proposal
- Biden To Propose Capital Gains Tax As High As 43.4% For Wealthy - Bloomberg
- Intel (INTC) Tops Q1 EPS by 24c, Offers Guidance
- Snap (SNAP) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c, DAUs were 280 million, Offers Guidance
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Applied Materials, Inc. (Nasdaq: AMAT) today announced that the amended Kokusai Electric Corporation share purchase agreement with KKR HKE Investment L.P. may have terminated in accordance with its terms on March 19, 2021 after the parties were unable to confirm timely regulatory approval in China. If Applied does not receive confirmation of timely approval prior to the March 26, 2021 deadline for payment of the termination fee, Applied will treat the agreement as terminated and pay KKR a termination fee of $154 million in cash.
The Applied Materials Board of Directors has approved a new $7.5 billion stock buyback authorization, supplementing the previous authorization which has approximately $1.3 billion remaining. Additional information about Applied’s capital allocation plans will be shared at the company’s upcoming Investor Meeting.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Colony Bankcorp (CBAN) to acquire SouthCrest Financial
- Olo (OLO) and DoorDash (DASH) Sign Multi-Year Agreement, Settle and Dismiss Contract Dispute
- Verisign Inc. (VRSN) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Revenues Beat