Applied Genetic Technologies (AGTC) Misses Q2 EPS by 1c
- Futures muted ahead of jobless claims data, AT&T rises after results
- Credit Suisse (CS) Falls 6% on 'Unacceptable Loss' as Exposure to Archegos Grew to More Than $20 Billion, Set to Raise Over $2 Billion to Support Liquidity
- Oil extends losses on U.S. stock build, pandemic concerns
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys Over 5M Shares of Skillz (SKLZ), Nearly 3M Shares of IPO UiPath (PATH)
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Tops Q1 Profit Views, Analysts Maintain Bullishness For 2021
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Applied Genetic Technologies (NASDAQ: AGTC) reported Q2 EPS of ($0.60), $0.01 worse than the analyst estimate of ($0.59).
Financial Results for the Three and Six Months Ended December 31, 2020
- Revenue: There was no revenue for the three and six months ended December 31, 2020, as compared to $2.5 million in each of the comparable 2019 periods. Revenue during the three and six months ended December 31, 2019 was primarily due to $2.2 million of non-cash collaboration revenue in connection with in-kind contributions made to Bionic Sight, LLC pursuant to a collaborative agreement.
- R&D Expenses: Research and development expenses for the three and six months ended December 31, 2020 were $11.8 million and $23.4 million, respectively, compared to $8.4 million and $17.0 million, respectively, during the comparable 2019 periods. The increase of $6.4 million during the 2020 six-month period was primarily due to increased external XLRP spending for planned manufacturing, clinical site preparation and other activities related to the Skyline and Vista trials, partially offset by decreased external ACHM spending.
- G&A Expenses: General and administrative expenses for the three and six months ended December 31, 2020 were $3.3 million and $6.7 million, respectively, compared to $3.0 million and $6.4 million, respectively, during the comparable 2019 periods. The increase of $0.3 million during the 2020 six-month period was primarily due to higher fees from outside legal counsel, partially offset by lower employee-related expenses and share-based compensation expense.
- Investment Income, net: Investment income, net for the three and six months ended December 31, 2020 declined by $0.3 million and $0.7 million, respectively, when compared to the comparable 2019 periods, which was primarily due to lower interest rates in the marketplace.
- Interest Expense: Interest expense for the three and six months ended December 31, 2020 increased by $0.3 million and $0.7 million, respectively, when compared to the comparable 2019 periods due to the loan agreement that the Company entered into on June 30, 2020.
- Net Loss: The Company’s net loss for the three and six months ended December 31, 2020 was $15.5 million and $30.8 million, respectively, compared to $8.6 million and $20.2 million, respectively, during the comparable 2019 periods.
“We believe that the data generated to date in our XLRP trials continue to give us a leading position in this indication and we are eager to move our Phase 1/2 expansion (Skyline) and Phase 2/3 (Vista) trials forward,” said Sue Washer, President and CEO of AGTC. “The latest data from our ongoing Phase 1/2 trials in patients with achromatopsia provide the first reported quantitative evidence of improvements in visual sensitivity and provide a path forward to collect additional data and to fully realize the potential of this treatment. Continued progress in our clinical and earlier-stage development efforts is expected to create multiple data milestones, including four important data releases for XLRP and two for achromatopsia over the next two years, while bringing us closer to our goal of developing best-in-class therapies that provide meaningful benefit to patients.”
As of December 31, 2020, the Company’s cash, cash equivalents and investments totaled $53.1 million. The Company believes that these funds, along with net proceeds of approximately $69.2 million from an underwritten public offering that closed in February 2021, will be sufficient to allow the Company to generate data from its ongoing and planned clinical programs and fund currently planned research and discovery programs into calendar year 2023.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Applied Genetic Technologies (AGTC) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- The Hartford (HIG) Reports Q1 EPS of $0.56; Rejects Additional Proposal from Chubb (CB), Raises Buyback
- Atlantic Union Bankshares (AUB) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- Pool Corp. (POOL) Tops Q1 EPS by $1.17, Revenues Beat; Raises FY21 EPS Guidance Above Consensus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!