Applied DNA Sciences (APDN) Announces Sarah Lawrence College Implements safeCircle COVID-19 Testing Program
- Futures lower after Tesla, IBM quarterly results
- Tesla (TSLA) Beats EPS and Revenue Views on Improving Gross Margins, Analysts Praise Very Solid Quarter But Warn of 'Aggressive Valuation' as Stock 'Priced to Perfection'
- Trump Media To Go Public Via $1.7 Billion SPAC Deal, Aims to Fight the Big Tech
- IBM (IBM) Stock Plunges 5% on Sales Miss, Q3 Results Seen as a Setback
- Oil hits multi-year high above $86, then pulls back
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Applied DNA Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: APDN) announced that safeCircle™, its high-throughput, pooled COVID-19 testing program, has been implemented at Sarah Lawrence College (the “College”) as an addition to the College’s in-house testing practice to monitor for the prevalence of COVID-19 during the College’s Fall 2021 semester. Testing began this week and is available to asymptomatic students, faculty, and staff on a voluntary basis. The College’s population of approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, and staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Mary Hartnett, Director of Medical Services at Sarah Lawrence College, stated, “safeCircle was our choice given the convenience of its on-site sample collection process, access to high-sensitivity RT-PCR-based testing with rapid turnaround times, ability to scale with our needs, and capacity to ease our administrative burdens. We see safeCircle as a complement to our vaccine mandate.”
Mike Munzer, executive director of Diagnostic Sales at Applied DNA, said, “The increased transmissibility of the Delta variant, as well as the variant’s capacity to reduce the effectiveness of vaccines against infection, we believe, makes all the more compelling the need to test both vaccinated and unvaccinated populations. safeCircle’s approach to COVID-19 testing, the combination of a comprehensive managed services offering and self-service reporting and communications platform provided by our partner, CLEARED4, continues to resonate with institutes of higher education seeking to keep populations safe and campuses open. We applaud Sarah Lawrence College for making testing broadly available on its campus to asymptomatic employees and students.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Gilead Sciences (GILD) Presents Long-Term Switch Data Reinforcing Biktarvy® as a Treatment Option for a Broad Range of People Living With HIV
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield and Kroger Health Offer (KR) Plans that Include Allowance to Help Consumers Purchase Groceries and Popular Health Items
- Pfizer (PFE) and BioNTech SE (BNTX) Report Phase 3 Data Confirming High Efficacy of a Booster Dose of Their COVID-19 Vaccine
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesTwitter, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!