Apple's 270 U.S. stores all open for first time since pandemic began
- Wall Street slips off record highs, Tesla drops after fatal crash
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q1 EPS by 14c, Revenue Beats
- Tesla's (TSLA) Musk says data logs from crashed vehicle show Autopilot was not enabled, car did not purchase FSD
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Fell 20% Off the Highs Over the Weekend as Markets Got 'Too Excited' About Coinbase (COIN), Says Mike Novogratz
- GameStop (GME) CEO Gets the Axe as Ryan Cohen Continues to Make His Mark, Analyst Says Co. Will Likely Look to Tech Sector for New Hires
FILE PHOTO: The Apple Inc logo is seen hanging at the entrance to the Apple store on 5th Avenue in Manhattan, New York, U.S., October 16, 2019. REUTERS/Mike Segar
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
(Reuters) - Apple said on Monday all its 270 U.S. stores have been opened, the first time in almost a year after it was forced to shutter several outlets because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The company has been cautious in re-opening its retail stores, using a team that includes medical experts to make its own calls on a county-by-county basis and sometimes shuttering stores again when local rules would otherwise allow stores to operate.
The iPhone maker has also expanded its 'Express' format, a wall built in front of the main store with sales counters protected by plexiglass and a few shelves of accessories such as phone cases and AirPods.
(This story corrects number of Apple stores in United States)
(Reporting by Munsif Vengattil in Bengaluru; Editing by Arun Koyyur)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Nano Dimension (NNDM) Adds Oded Gera to Board
- Integra LifeSciences (IART) Issues Statement Regarding FDA Safety Communication on Acellular Dermal Matrix Products Used in Implant-Based Breast Reconstruction
- Facebook (FB) CEO Zuckerberg said working on a short-form audio version of Reels, named 'Soundbites'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, General News, Reuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!