AppLovin (APP) Makes Offer to Acquire Video Game Maker Unity (U)
- U.S. Stocks Open Lower as Growth-Charged Rally Fades
- Creating a New Platform is a Must says Analyst as Musk Teases Turning Twitter into Super 'X' App
- More Stress and VIX Above 40 Before 'Powell Put' is Triggered - Wells Fargo
- Dust settles on stocks surge, OPEC+ talks supply cuts
- Exxon (XOM) Signals Strong Profits on High Gas Prices, Analysts Raise Numbers
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
AppLovin said it has made an offer where each outstanding share of Unity common stock would be exchanged for 1.152 shares of AppLovin Class A voting common stock and 0.314 shares of AppLovin Class C non-voting common stock.
AppLovin is looking to capitalize on the growing demand for three-dimensional gaming, with both companies creating software to design video games.
More than 50% of the world's video games are made with Unity, including Call of Duty: Mobile" and "Pokemon Go." Meanwhile, AppLovin helps developers to scale and monetize their apps.
"We believe that together, AppLovin and Unity create a market leading business that has tremendous growth potential that would generate an estimated run-rate Adjusted EBITDA of over $3 billion by the end of 2024 and would be in the best interest of shareholders of both companies," said Adam Foroughi, AppLovin CEO. "Over the last decade we have built and operated a leading and innovative company in mobile app marketing and monetization solutions. Unity is one of the world's leading platforms for helping creators turn their inspirations into real-time 3D content."
AppLovin stated the deal will provide value to shareholders of both companies, including scale, value creation, and the capacity to make strategic investments.
Unity shares jumped more than 6% at the open on the news, while AppLovin is down over 12%.
By Sam Boughedda
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Carl Icahn Amassed a Stake in Twitter (TWTR), Profit Could Exceed $250 Million - WSJ
- Radiant Logistics (RLGT) Acquires Strategic Operating Partner Cascade Enterprises Of Minnesota, Inc.
- Amazon (AMZN) to Freeze Corporate Hiring - The New York Times
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, General News, Hot List, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!