Anaplan, Inc. (PLAN) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c, Revenues Beat; Offers 1Q Revenue Guidance Above Consensus, Provides FY21 Revenue Outlook
- Wall Street ends mixed despite bumper big-bank earnings
- Coinbase (COIN) Soars 52% in Public Debut
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) Nears Deal to Buy PPD, Inc. (PPD) for More Than $15 Billion -DJ
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports a Q1 Beat on Revenue and Profit Fueled by Release of $5.2 Billion Reserved for Bad Loans; Shares Slightly Down
- Dell Technologies (DELL) Announces Planned VMware (VMW) Spin-Off
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Anaplan, Inc. (NYSE: PLAN) reported Q4 EPS of ($0.07), $0.03 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.10). Revenue for the quarter came in at $122.5 million versus the consensus estimate of $119.18 million.
Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2021 Financial Results
- Total revenue was $122.5 million, an increase of 25% year-over-year. Subscription revenue was $112.6 million, an increase of 26% year-over-year.
- GAAP operating loss was $41.5 million or 33.8% of total revenue, compared to $37.6 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2020 or 38.3% of total revenue. Non-GAAP operating loss was $9.4 million, or 7.7% of total revenue, compared to $11.0 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2020, or 11.2% of total revenue.
- GAAP loss per share was $0.29, compared to $0.27 in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2020. Non-GAAP loss per share was $0.07 in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2021 and fiscal 2020.
- Cash and Cash Equivalents were $321.0 million as of January 31, 2021.
“We delivered solid execution in FY21 with steady new customer growth this quarter,” said Frank Calderoni, chief executive officer of Anaplan. “We are seeing a rising demand for rapid scenario-based planning as our customers are looking for the best way to plan for an uncertain and unpredictable future.”
Anaplan, Inc. sees Q1 2022 revenue of $126.5-127.5 million, versus the consensus of $119.18 million.
Anaplan, Inc. sees FY2022 revenue of $550-555 million, versus the consensus of $554.82 million.
The company is providing the following guidance for its first quarter fiscal 2022:
- Total revenue is expected to be between $126.5 and $127.5 million.
- Non-GAAP operating margin is expected to be between negative 9.5% and 10.5%.
- As a baseline for first quarter, we expect billings to be in the range of $122 million to $124 million.
The company is updating its previous guidance provided on November 24, 2020 for its full year fiscal 2022:
- Total revenue is expected to be between $550 and $555 million (was approximately $550 million).
- Non-GAAP operating margin is expected to be between negative 8.0% and 9.0%.
The guidance provided above are forward-looking statements and actual results may differ materially. Refer to the “Forward-Looking Statements” safe harbor section below for information on the factors that could cause our actual results to differ materially from these forward-looking statements.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Anaplan, Inc. (PLAN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- LCI Industries (LCII) Announces Prelim. 1Q21 Sales Above Consensus
- Netflix (NFLX) Becomes Profitable in South Korea After Reporting a 125% Rise in Revenue For Its Subsidiary
- New Residential Investment (NRZ) to Acquire Caliber Home Loans for $1.68 Billion
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!