AnPac Bio-Medical Science (ANPC) Reports Record Q1 for Paid CDA-Based Cancer Testing Volume in 2021
- Wall Street ends volatile week sharply higher
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
- Coinbase (COIN) To Add Dogecoin Trading in the Next Few Weeks
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
AnPac Bio-Medical Science Co., Ltd. (“AnPac Bio,” the “Company” or “we”) (NASDAQ: ANPC), a biotechnology company with operations in China and the United States focused on early cancer screening and detection, announced today that it experienced strong demand for its paid tests based on the cancer differentiation analysis technology (CDA) technology, or paid CDA-based tests, in the first quarter of 2021, setting a record high Q1 test volume. CDA-based tests, which are multi-cancer tests based on a novel biophysical approach, are the Company’s flagship product line and reached 5,439 paid cancer tests in Q1, an approximately 130% increase over the same period last year. While AnPac Bio offers multiple test products including various cancer screening tests, immunology tests and annual physical checkups, paid CDA-based tests had the highest test volume among all these tests in Q1, 2021.
While the first 3 months of the year is traditionally a downtime due to seasonality and the Chinese New Year, the Company still experienced strong demand for its commercial CDA-based tests in Q1 2021. This increase in paid CDA-based test volume was also due to the Company being negatively impacted by COVID-19 in Q1 2020.
Dr. Chris Yu commented, “We are very pleased with achieving the increase in Q1 paid CDA-based testing volume, which is a strong indication that AnPac Bio’s technology, services and quality are being recognized by the market. Multi-cancer screening testing is now regarded as an important aspect and breakthrough in the fight again cancer as it offers a more cost effective and efficient way to screen cancer in large populations. With our multi-cancer screening based CDA technology gaining market acceptance, we believe that we are well-positioned to capture the significant growth in the cancer screening market in China. We are also working hard to commercialize our cancer test technology in the US via Laboratory Developed Tests (LDT). We are fully committed to innovating and developing new products and technologies and closely working with customers to achieve continued growth.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bio-key International, Inc. (BKYI) Tops Q1 EPS by 7c, Revenues Beat; Offers FY21 Revenues Guidance Above Consensus
- Innovative Industrial Properties Inc. (IIPR) Reports Acquisition of Pennsylvania Property
- Cisco Systems (CSCO) to Acquire Kenna Security
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!