Amgen (AMGN) Files Patent Infringement Suit Against Sanofi (SNY), Regeneron (REGN)
- S&P 500 dips from record closing high as focus shifts to Fed meet
- Oil prices rise as demand improves, supplies tighten
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Pops 10% as Tesla's Musk Signals Another U-Turn on Bitcoin Payments
- Lordstown Motors (RIDE): CEO and CFO Resign, Presents Results of Investigation Of Hindenburg Research Report
- Paul Tudor Jones is 'Probably' Buying Commodities, Crypto, Gold if Fed Continues to Ignore Inflation Concerns, Endorses Bitcoin (BTC) as a Portfolio Diversifier
Amgen (NASDAQ: AMGN) announced that it filed a lawsuit in the United States (U.S.) District Court of Delaware against Sanofi (NYSE: SNY), Aventisub LLC, formerly doing business as Aventis Pharmaceuticals Inc. (collectively "Sanofi"), and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ("Regeneron")(Nasdaq: REGN) for patent infringement of U.S. Patent Numbers 8,563,698, 8,829,165, and 8,859,741. These patents, which are owned by Amgen, describe and claim monoclonal antibodies to proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 ("PCSK9").
By its complaint, Amgen seeks an injunction to prevent the infringing manufacture, use and sale of Sanofi and Regeneron's alirocumab, a monoclonal antibody targeting PCSK9. Sanofi and Regeneron recently announced that they have completed Phase 3 clinical trials on alirocumab and intend to pursue regulatory approval to market alirocumab in the U.S.
Amgen previously announced submission of a Biologics License Application to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for evolocumab, its own investigational human monoclonal antibody to PCSK9, for the treatment of high cholesterol, on Aug. 28, 2014.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Terns Pharmaceuticals Inc. (TERN) Reports Positive Phase 2a Trial of TERN-101 in Patients with NASH
- Veracyte (VCYT) Announces New Data Published in JAMA Oncology Demonstrate Prognostic Utility of its Decipher Prostate Genomic Classifier in Locally Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Medigus (MDGS) Issues CEO Letter to its Shareholders
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!