American Express (AXP) and Goldman Sachs (GS) to Provide Integrated Digital Payments Solution for Corporate Clients
- Boeing lifts Dow at open after Omicron-led selloff
- Apple (AAPL) Tells Suppliers iPhone Demand Slowing as Holidays Near - Bloomberg
- Boeing (BA) Stock Gains as China Aviation Authority Paves Way for 737 MAX Return
- Snowflake (SNOW) Stock Surges on Strong Sales and Outlook, Analysts Bulled-up
- Apple (AAPL): Wedbush Assigns a New Street-High $200 Price Target Despite Bloomberg Report Suggesting Slowing iPhone 13 Demand
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
American Express (NYSE: AXP) and Goldman Sachs Transaction Banking (TxB) today announced a collaboration to provide large corporate clients with a cloud-based payments solution that will seamlessly support multiple payment options and offer data and analytics in one integrated platform.
“A major pain point for our large commercial card clients is managing multiple platforms and myriad time-consuming, costly and complex processes to make, track, and reconcile thousands of payment transactions every day,” said Dean Henry, Executive Vice President of Global Commercial Services at American Express. “We are pleased to partner with Goldman Sachs to modernize these outdated legacy B2B payment processes. Together, we are setting a new standard in transaction banking for big business by offering access to faster payments and real-time tracking that can increase efficiency and reduce costs.”
The collaboration joins Goldman Sachs’ sophisticated TxB platform with American Express’ deep card expertise and direct buyer and supplier relationships to create a powerful digital treasury solution for large corporations.
The solution will embed American Express’ virtual Cards for the first time into the Goldman Sachs TxB platform, which already offers ACH, wire, and foreign currency payments.
“We developed the Goldman Sachs TxB platform to provide our clients with a modern cash management platform that is digital, nimble, easy to use, and secure – bringing a consumer-grade user experience into the world of B2B payments. We are thrilled to further this mission by working with American Express to expand our payment platform, enabling clients that are American Express Corporate Card Members to make card payments and drive efficiencies in their supplier payment experiences,” said Hari Moorthy, Global Head of TxB at Goldman Sachs.
Both companies have deep institutional relationships and expertise in providing innovative financial products and services to large and global corporate clients. American Express’ Global Commercial Services team has been a pioneer and leader in commercial cards for over 50 years, holding relationships with nearly 60% of Fortune Global 500 companies and delivering a broad range of digital B2B payment products and capabilities. Goldman Sachs TxB offers premier API-first corporate cash management, with domestic and FX payments capabilities and liquidity management products supported by Goldman Sachs’ FX franchise and the balance sheet of Goldman Sachs Bank USA.
This new integrated payment solution will include:
- A simple “one flow” process that combines payment activity, both virtual card and non-card, into a holistic set of B2B payment instructions. This helps generate operational efficiencies, eliminates duplicative manual processes, and reduces bank fees often incurred due to multi-file initiation.
- Goldman Sachs TxB’s Intelligent Payments Engine, which will route payments to a particular payment channel in a manner that optimizes a buyer’s preferences based on speed and cost.
- Buyer and supplier access to dashboards that provide spend data and analytics, as well as real-time updates on payment statuses.
- Actionable insights that will enable corporate CFOs to make more informed decisions for their companies.
The solution is currently available to select clients and anticipated to launch for general availability in early 2022.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Weibo (WB) Prices Global 11M Share Offering at HK $272.8/sh
- Iteris (ITI) Awarded $1.4 Million to Support Florida Department of Transportation for Regional Smart Mobility, Safety and Sustainability Initiative
- Ares Management Corporation to Present at the Goldman Sachs 2021 US Financial Services Conference
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Twitter
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!