American Electric Power (AEP) to Sell Racine Hydro Plant
- S&P 500 down more than 2% as growth worries rise
- China Property Titan Evergrande (EGRNF) Collapses to 11-Year Lows, Analysts Wary of Domino Effect
- Apple (AAPL) iPhone 13 Has Strong Start with Positive Mix Skew - JP Morgan
- Oil falls 2% on risk aversion, dollar strength
- Pfizer (PFE), BioNTech (BNTX) Announce Positive Topline Results From Pivotal Trial of COVID-19 Vaccine in Children 5 to 11 Years
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
American Electric Power (Nasdaq: AEP) has reached an agreement to sell its 48-megawatt (MW) hydroelectric Racine Plant in Racine, Ohio, owned by AEP Generation Resources, the company's competitive generation affiliate, to Eagle Creek Renewable Energy.
"The sale of Racine Plant is part of our ongoing strategic evaluation of our generating assets as we focus on our regulated business operations and invest in the infrastructure and energy innovations that bring value to our customers," said Nicholas K. Akins, AEP chairman, president and chief executive officer. "We continue to add new emission-free energy both in our regulated states and through contracted renewable projects that fit with our overall strategy and portfolio."
The sale of Racine is expected to close in the second quarter of 2021 and is subject to approval by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. Due to the competitive nature of the transaction, the sale price will not be disclosed.
AEP Generation Resources has retired or sold all of its capacity, except for the 595-MW Cardinal Plant Unit 1, which is set to retire in 2030, consistent with AEP's move to exit the competitive generation business.
Scotiabank is acting as AEP's financial advisor, and Porter Wright is serving as legal counsel for the sale process.
Eagle Creek Renewable Energy owns and operates 86 hydroelectric facilities in the United States.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- F5 Networks (FFIV) Announces Acquisition of Threat Stack
- American Electric Power Service Corporation Seeks Bids For Coal
- Gevo (GEVO) Announces U.S. DOE Argonne National Laboratory Team Up with it to Apply Argonne’s GREET Model to its Net-Zero Project
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!