Amedisys (AMED) Reports Acquisition of Randolph County Home Health Regulatory Asset
- S&P 500, Dow end at record highs as weak jobs data eases rate worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar broadly weaker after U.S. jobs data disappoint
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Amedisys, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMED), a leading provider of quality home health, hospice and personal care, has signed a definitive agreement to acquire regulatory assets that allow the Company to conduct home health care operations in Randolph County, N.C.
Under the terms of the agreement, expected to close April 30, 2021, Amedisys will acquire the right to operate certified home health care services in Randolph County, N.C., and surrounding areas within a 50-mile radius, including Montgomery County. The service area provides access to 31,000 Medicare and Medicare Advantage enrollees.
“We’re honored to be able to offer our compassionate, clinically distinct care to more patients in more places,” stated Home Health President Teonie Aurelio. “Expanding our footprint into this key market further establishes Amedisys as America’s solution for aging in place.”
Upon close, Amedisys will open a start-up care center to serve patients in the newly acquired service area. Amedisys is the second largest provider of home health care in the United States with 320 locations across 34 states.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Navitas Semiconductor to Go Public at Enterprise Value of $1.04 Billion via Live Oak II (LOKB)
- IPO for SPAC Data Knights Acquisition Corp. (DKDCA) Opens Flat
- TC Energy Corp. (TRP) Reports Q1 EPS of Cdn$1.16
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!