Amazon (AMZN) in Talks to Acquire Stake in Self-Driving Truck Startup Plus: Report
- Wall Street surges to all-time closing high on earnings, economic revival
- Was Intel's (INTC) Second Quarter a Speedbump or Inflection?
- Twitter (TWTR) Gains After Beating Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PTs as Brand Recovery Accelerates
- U.S. dollar on track for second week of gains; Fed meeting in focus
- Snap (SNAP) Surges 17% After Smashing Q2 Views Across the Board to Yield a Dozen Price Target Hikes
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Amazon (NASDAQ AMZN) is reportedly in talks to acquire a stake - rumored to be 20% - in the AI truck start startup company Plus. The e-commerce giant has already placed an order to buy 1,000 autonomous driving systems from the startup.
Plus is planning to merge with SPAC Hennessy Capital Investment Corp. V (NASDAQ: HCIC). Bloomberg reports Amazon is looking to buy preferred shares of Plus via a warrant at a price of $0.46647 per share.
The startup is valued at $3.3 billion after merging to raise $500 million in fresh capital. Plus also raised $150 million via PIPE from funds including BlackRock Inc. and D.E. Shaw.
The AI truck startup, which was founded in 2016 by a group of Stanford University classmates 2016, is working to develop self-driving trucks as the entire truck industry is struggling to cope with a surging need for drivers.
Plus previously raised $200 million in February, just a month before raising a further $220 million from investors in the private market.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- China Said to Weigh Asking After-School Tutors to Go Non-Profit - Bloomberg
- Lucid Motors (LCID) and Churchill Capital Corp IV (CCIV) Close Business Combination
- Zoom-Backed Events Platform Cvent to Go Public via $5.3 Billion SPAC Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Related EntitiesD.E. Shaw, Stanford, Definitive Agreement, SPAC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!