Alexion Pharma (ALXN) Tops Q4 EPS by 40c, Revenues Beat
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Alexion Pharma (NASDAQ: ALXN) reported Q4 EPS of $2.96, $0.40 better than the analyst estimate of $2.56. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.59 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.52 billion.
- 4Q20 total revenues of $1,591.8 million, a 15% increase over 4Q19
- 4Q20 GAAP diluted EPS of $2.42; non-GAAP diluted EPS of $2.96
- Announced agreement to be acquired by AstraZeneca; transaction expected to close in Q3 2021
- Received EU approval for ULTOMIRIS® (ravulizumab) 100 mg/mL higher concentration formulation in paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) & atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS)
- Continued advancement of pipeline, including initiation of three Phase 3 development programs and two novel IND filings in Q4 2020
"In 2020, we delivered on our LEAD-EXPAND-DIVERSIFY strategy - progressing our commercial portfolio with multiple global regulatory approvals, and further building our pipeline, which now spans more than 20 development programs. I am so proud of our team's remarkable execution and perseverance amidst the uncertainties of COVID-19," said Ludwig Hantson, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer of Alexion. "We enter 2021 with significant momentum, a strong foundation and a promising future. I am confident we are well positioned to build on our success and further advance our mission of delivering life-changing medicines to people with rare diseases and devastating conditions in the coming months and once we become part of AstraZeneca."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Alexion Pharma (ALXN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- WD-40 Co. (WDFC) Misses Q2 EPS by 8c
- Constellation Brands (STZ) Tops Q4 EPS by 27c, Offer Outlook
- UPDATE: Mizuho Securities Starts Ameren Corp (AEE) at Neutral (correction)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!