Air Products (APD) Misses Q1 EPS by 2c, Revenues Beat
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Air Products (NYSE: APD) reported Q1 EPS of $2.17, $0.02 worse than the analyst estimate of $2.19. Revenue for the quarter came in at $2.38 billion versus the consensus estimate of $2.35 billion.
Q1 FY21 (comparisons versus prior year):
- GAAP EPS of $2.12, down one percent, including an estimated $0.10-$0.15 negative impact from COVID-19; GAAP net income of $487 million, flat; and GAAP net income margin of 20.5 percent, down 120 basis points
- Adjusted EPS* of $2.12, down one percent, including an estimated $0.10-$0.15 negative impact from COVID-19; adjusted EBITDA margin* of 39.2 percent, down 110 basis points
Commenting on the results, Air Products' Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Seifi Ghasemi said, "The resilient, hard-working and focused Air Products team delivered higher adjusted EBITDA this quarter—as well as maintained adjusted EBITDA margins of nearly 40 percent—despite the continued challenges of the global pandemic. From our position of financial strength, we continued to execute our growth strategy focused on industrial gas projects that address significant energy and environmental challenges. Meanwhile, we continue to create shareholder value through the dividend, with our latest 12 percent increase representing our 39th consecutive year of dividend payment increases."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Air Products (APD) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Citizens Financial Group (CFG) Tops Q1 EPS by 44c
- Navios Maritime Acquisition (NNA) Misses Q4 EPS by 50c, Revenues Miss
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX) Announces Johanna Mercier to Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!