Agrify Corp. (AGFY) Acquires Precision Extraction Solutions and Cascade Sciences
- Apple (AAPL) Stock Falls Nearly 4% Following Rare Q4 Revenue Miss
- Amazon (AMZN) Stock Dumps 3% Following Q3 Miss
- S&P, Nasdaq hit record closing highs on earnings bullishness
- Facebook (FB) to Change Name to 'Meta', Ticker to 'MRVS'
- Zendesk (ZEN) to Acquire Momentive (MNTV) and Its Iconic SurveyMonkey Platform
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Agrify Corporation (NasdaqCM: AGFY) (“Agrify” or the “Company”), a developer of highly advanced and proprietary precision hardware and software cultivation solutions for the indoor agriculture marketplace, today announced it has acquired Precision Extraction Solutions (“Precision”) and Cascade Sciences (“Cascade”), two of the leading brands that provide equipment and solutions for extraction, post-processing, and testing for the cannabis and hemp industry, from Sinclair Scientific (“Sinclair”).
With the addition of Precision and Cascade, Agrify has expanded its core business beyond cultivation by gaining instant access to complementary and highly attractive areas of the supply chain. Precision and Cascade offer cutting-edge technologies and end-to-end service solutions for cannabis and hemp extraction and post-processing. These leading brands have collectively worked with over 30 multi-state operators (“MSOs”) and over a thousand cannabis and hemp customers. Precision and Cascade expect to generate approximately $40 million in revenue in 2021 with positive EBITDA. As a result of this transaction, Agrify now has a physical presence in seven states with a growing number of clients and business partners distributed throughout the country.
“We are thrilled to announce the acquisition of Precision and Cascade, two companies that share our strong commitment and passion for delivering leading-edge solutions and exceptional customer service to the cannabis and hemp industry,” said Raymond Chang, CEO of Agrify. “Precision and Cascade have stellar reputations and powerful leadership positions in their respective spaces, which is a perfect complement to our existing business and should allow us to leverage new competitive advantages and synergies in order to accelerate our growth plans.”
Mr. Chang added, “This accretive and transformative acquisition offers us a number of critical benefits including giving us direct access to the thriving global cannabis extract vertical, which is expected to grow to $24 billion by 20281, increasing our potential customer base by approximately 50%, and nearly doubling our annual revenue in 2021. Additionally, we believe this transaction provides us with a tremendous opportunity to engage with more MSOs through our fortified portfolio of solutions while also driving substantial gains to the lifetime value of our current and future clients as well as the legacy customers from Precision and Cascade. We want to officially welcome our new team members, customers, business partners, and suppliers to the Agrify family, and we look forward to realizing the vast potential of our bolstered organization while generating significant value for all of our stakeholders and shareholders.”
“We are proud to partner with Agrify to create the most vertically integrated total solutions provider in the cannabis and hemp market,” said Nick Tennant, Founder and Chief Technology Officer of Precision. “We have seen firsthand that customers are craving best-in-class solutions that address the many challenges they encounter across the supply chain from a single trusted source. With a diverse suite of cultivation and post-harvest solutions, our combined organizations are poised to leverage our additional scale to become a dominant force within the industry.”
Mary Babitz, Founder of Cascade, added, “We are excited to join Agrify at the forefront of this powerful movement that is currently happening in the cannabis and hemp space. Agrify is a forward-thinking organization with a talented team, a robust portfolio of innovative solutions, and an impressive vision. As part of Agrify’s growing platform, we look forward to strengthening our existing customer relationships while also furthering our reach and bringing our industry-leading products and services to new clients throughout the world.”
Agreement HighlightsThe acquisition of Precision and Cascade is expected to provide Agrify with the following strategic benefits:
- Strategic entry point into a rapidly growing attractive market with the global extract market projected to reach $24 billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of approximately 22% from 2021 to 20281. Access to this segment increases Agrify’s total addressable market and grows its potential customer base by approximately 50%.
- Strong financial performance and growth profile with revenue from the extraction business expected to reach approximately $40 million in 2021, which would nearly double Agrify’s previously announced full year 2021 revenue guidance, while also providing substantial growth opportunities for the Company in the future. The acquisition is immediately accretive to Agrify on a gross profit and EBITDA basis.
- Expanded product offerings with the addition of innovative pre- and post-extraction and testing solutions, creating the most comprehensive suite of solutions under one platform and adding even more value and stickiness to Agrify’s offerings. The science-backed solutions from Precision and Cascade include equipment technology, facility and lab design, and extensive research and development capabilities.
- Introduction of new revenue streams and synergistic cost savings including hardware-as-a-service to capture higher margin recurring revenue, as well as supply chain optimization through streamlined product sourcing, purchasing, manufacturing, and warehousing.
- Expansion across the U.S. with a combined presence in seven states, including California, Colorado, Florida, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, and Oregon, consisting of showrooms, warehouses, offices, and manufacturing and production facilities. Agrify expects to further scale its nationwide network as it continues to place a strong emphasis on supporting customer success, building new relationships with MSOs and single-state operators (“SSOs”), and establishing more Agrify Total Turn-Key Solution (“Agrify TTK Solution”) partnerships.
- Addition of well-respected talent and market-leading brands with Precision and Cascade joining the Agrify ecosystem. These two innovative, award-winning brands in their respective areas bring a growing roster of customers including large MSOs and thousands of cannabis and hemp clients across the United States. This acquisition is expected to strengthen Agrify’s competitive position as a premier, vertically integrated partner of choice for the industry’s leading cannabis and hemp companies.
Agreement DetailsAgrify acquired Precision and Cascade with a base purchase price of $50 million, consisting of $30 million of cash and $20 million in value of Agrify common stock, in each case subject to adjustments, escrows, and holdbacks as set forth in the definitive agreement (the “Agreement”). The total purchase price may be adjusted to up to $65 million based on the performance of the Cascade and Precision businesses for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2021. The Agreement includes customary representations, warranties, and covenants regarding Sinclair, Precision, Cascade, and Agrify.
Conference Call DetailsAgrify will host a conference call and webcast to discuss the acquisition of Precision and Cascade on October 5, 2021, at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Time (ET). The call will be hosted by Raymond Chang, Chief Executive Officer and Niv Krikov, Chief Financial Officer. All interested parties are invited to attend. The conference call will be webcast with an accompanying slide deck, which can be accessed by visiting Agrify’s investor relations website. All interested parties are invited to listen to the live conference call and presentation by dialing the number below or by clicking the webcast link.
|DATE:||Tuesday, October 5, 2021|
|TIME:||8:30 a.m. ET|
|DIAL-IN NUMBER:||(844) 792-4409|
|WEBCAST||Click here to join|
|REPLAY:||(855) 859-2056 or (404) 537-3406Available until 11:59 p.m. ET Friday, October 8, 2021Replay Code: 5299816|
AdvisorsA.G.P./Alliance Global Partners acted as exclusive financial advisor to Agrify, and Burns & Levinson LLP acted as its legal counsel. Embarc Advisors acted as exclusive financial advisor to Sinclair, and PRK Livengood and Sellers, P.C. acted as its legal counsel.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zendesk (ZEN) to Acquire Momentive (MNTV) and Its Iconic SurveyMonkey Platform
- NextGen Healthcare (NXGN) Announces $60M Share Buyback
- Tailwind Two Acquisition (TWNT) Announces Merger Agreement with Terran Orbital
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Momentum Movers
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!