Afya (AFYA) announces acquisition of 100% of total share capital of Medical Harbour
- Wall Street slips off record highs, Tesla drops after fatal crash
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q1 EPS by 14c, Revenue Beats
- Tesla's (TSLA) Musk says data logs from crashed vehicle show Autopilot was not enabled, car did not purchase FSD
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Fell 20% Off the Highs Over the Weekend as Markets Got 'Too Excited' About Coinbase (COIN), Says Mike Novogratz
- GameStop (GME) CEO Gets the Axe as Ryan Cohen Continues to Make His Mark, Analyst Says Co. Will Likely Look to Tech Sector for New Hires
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Afya Limited, or Afya (Nasdaq: AFYA) today announced the acquisition of 100% of the total share capital of Medical Harbour, through its wholly-owned subsidiary Afya Participações S.A.
Medical Harbour offers Educational Health and Medical Imaging Solutions through an interactive platform for anatomical study, 3D virtual dissection and analysis of medical images, which allow the exploration, and knowledge of human anatomy with digital resources.
- Educational Health Solutions: Athena Hub specialized in anatomy was created to support dynamic teaching and allow physicians, teachers and students to interact and manipulate a real human body on a digital platform. Considering the high prices, restriction policies and difficulty on maintaining a human body for anatomy classes, Athena Hub is a perfect solution allowing students to interact with a digital human body instead of the aged and degenerate bodies for educational purposes, in any devices with a Windows 10 system, without the need of VR glasses. The solution count with Virtual Body, anatomy modules, and real exam analysis with photorealistic rendering. Over 50 universities in Brazil are using the solution.
- Medical Imaging Solutions: Athena DICOM and MH Cloud specialized in medical imaging with a range of products that simplifies Radiology and Teleradiology. Allow physicians to visualize, manipulate, share and store medical imaging with the certification of ANVISA (Brazilian Health Agency). The solution has over 24,000 downloads in 180 countries.
“We are excited to add Medical Harbour to our portfolio. This acquisition enables Afya to start providing a high quality solution to study the human body, allowing efficient classes and remote lab sessions with greater student acceptance and scalability. Additionally, we will be able to distribute Medical Harbour solutions to all of Afya’s ecosystem, creating B2C and B2B growth opportunities,” said Virgílio Gibbon, Afya’s CEO.
The aggregate purchase price is R$ 5 million (Enterprise Value) of which 100% paid in cash as the date hereof, equivalent to 3.3x gross revenue expected in 2021. An earn-out of R$ 9 million can be paid related to product development goals for 2021/2022 and revenue achievements for 2023.
More information available on: https://ir.afya.com.br/acquisitions
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Afya (AFYA) Reports Acquisition of Cliquefarma
- AgEagle Aerial Systems (UAVS) Announces Acquisition of Measure
- InterDigital (IDCC) Nominates Pierre-Yves Lesaicherre to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!