Aeterna Zentaris (AEZS) Receives Nasdaq Notification Regarding Minimum Bid Price Compliance; No Immediate Impact on Listing
- Wall Street slips on tech losses, tax uncertainty weighs
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
- Dollar hits three-week high, boosted by recent upbeat data, Fed taper view
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Aeterna Zentaris Inc. (NASDAQ: AEZS) (TSX: AEZS) (“Aeterna” or the “Company”), a specialty biopharmaceutical company developing and commercializing a diversified portfolio of pharmaceutical and diagnostic products, today announced that on July 28, 2021, the Company received notice from the Listing Qualifications Department (the “Staff”) of The Nasdaq Stock Market LLC ("Nasdaq") indicating that, based upon a closing bid price of less than $1.00 per share for the Company’s common stock for the prior 30 consecutive business day period, the Company no longer satisfies Nasdaq Listing Rule 5550(a)(2) (the “Rule”).
In accordance with Nasdaq Listing Rule 5810(c)(3)(A), the Company has been provided a grace period of 180 calendar days, through January 24, 2022, to evidence compliance with the Rule. To evidence compliance with the Rule, the Company must evidence a closing bid price of at least $1.00 per share for a minimum of 10 consecutive business days on or before January 24, 2022. In the event the Company does not timely evidence compliance with the Rule, the Company may be eligible for an additional 180-day grace period or may face delisting. In the latter case, the Company would be entitled to request a hearing before the Nasdaq Hearings Panel, which request would stay any delisting action by the Staff pending completion of the hearing process.
The Company's business operations are not affected by the receipt of the Nasdaq notice.
Nasdaq’s notice has no immediate effect on the listing of the Company’s common shares on Nasdaq and does not otherwise impact the Company’s listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange. The Company is considering the options available to it to evidence compliance with the Rule prior to the expiration of the grace period.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AstraZeneca (AZN) Announces ENHERTU demonstrated clinically meaningful and durable response in patients with HER2-positive advanced gastric cancer in DESTINY-Gastric02 Phase II trial
- BeiGene (BGNE) Announces Positive CHMP Opinion for BRUKINSA® (Zanubrutinib) for the Treatment of Adults with Waldenström’s Macroglobulinemia
- Celsion (CLSN), Hainan Poly Pharm Sign Agreement to Manufacture Celsion’s DNA-based Vaccine
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesTwitter, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!