Aegion (AEGN) Confirms Receipt of Unsolicited Acquisition Proposal
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Aegion (NASDAQ: AEGN) today confirmed that it has received an unsolicited non-binding proposal (the “Proposal”) from another party to acquire Aegion, subject to certain conditions, including due diligence.
The Company previously announced on February 16, 2021, that it had entered into a definitive merger agreement (the “Pending Merger Agreement”) to be acquired by affiliates of New Mountain Capital, L.L.C. (“New Mountain”), for $26.00 per share in cash, or a total enterprise value of approximately $963 million.
In accordance with the terms of the Pending Merger Agreement and as part of its fiduciary duty, Aegion’s Board of Directors is evaluating the Proposal in consultation with its independent financial and legal advisors and will pursue the course of action that the Board of Directors believes is in the best interest of Aegion and its stockholders. Aegion’s Board of Directors has not made any determination as to whether the Proposal constitutes or could reasonably be expected to result in a “superior proposal” under the terms of the Pending Merger Agreement. There can be no assurance that any transaction or definitive agreement will result from this Proposal.
AdvisorsCenterview Partners LLC is serving as exclusive financial advisor to Aegion, and Shearman & Sterling is serving as legal counsel.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Grab is said to announce deal with Altimeter Growth Corp (AGC) next week - Bloomberg
- LiveXLive's (LIVX) PodcastOne Enters Into A Partnership With Samsung
- Compass Minerals (CMP) to Sell North America Micronutrient Assets for $60.25 Million
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!