Aegion (AEGN) Board of Directors Determines Unsolicited Third-Party Proposal Could Reasonably Be Expected to Result in a “Superior Proposal”
- Wall Street ends lower as investors await earnings, inflation data
- Microsoft (MSFT) announces $19.7 billion acquisition of Nuance (NUAN)
- Alibaba (BABA) Gets a Record $2.8 Billion Anti-Monopoly Fine, Shares Soar as a 'Major Overhang' is Lifted
- Tesla (TSLA) Upgraded to 'Buy' at Canaccord Genuity and PT Raised by 155%, as it 'Holds a Several-Year Lead' in EV While Storage Business Accelerates
- Dollar drops as traders prepare for inflation data
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Aegion Corporation (NASDAQ: AEGN) today announced that its Board of Directors has determined, after consultation with its outside legal and financial advisors, that an unsolicited, non-binding proposal received from a third party (the “Third Party”) (the “Third-Party Proposal”) could reasonably be expected to result in a “Superior Proposal” as defined in Aegion’s merger agreement, as amended, with affiliates of New Mountain Capital, L.L.C. (“New Mountain”) (the “New Mountain Merger Agreement”).
Under the terms of the Third-Party Proposal, the Third Party would acquire all outstanding shares of Aegion common stock for $28.50 per share in cash. The Third-Party Proposal, at this point, is non-binding and subject to diligence to be conducted, among other things. As a result of the Board’s determination, the Company plans to enter into a confidentiality agreement and engage in diligence activities and discussions with the Third Party.
Aegion previously announced on March 15, 2021, that it had entered into an amended merger agreement with New Mountain to acquire all outstanding shares of Aegion common stock for $27.00 per share in cash, in a transaction valued at approximately $995 million. Aegion remains subject to the New Mountain Merger Agreement.
There can be no assurance that the discussions with the Third Party will result in the Aegion Board’s determination that the Third-Party Proposal is in fact a Superior Proposal or the consummation of a transaction that is superior to the pending transaction with New Mountain. Further, there can be no assurance that the terms of any new transaction will be the same as those reflected in the Third-Party Proposal.
AdvisorsCenterview Partners LLC is serving as exclusive financial advisor to Aegion, and Shearman & Sterling LLP is serving as legal counsel.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- After-Hours Stock Movers 04/12: (MFNC) (RILY) (DMRC) Higher; (AMRN) (NI) (CHWY) Lower (more...)
- Grab is said to announce deal with Altimeter Growth Corp (AGC) next week - Bloomberg
- UGI Corp. (UGI) Announces John L. Walsh to Retire as President and CEO in June; Roger Perreault to be Named UGI’s President and CEO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!