Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) Announces $4 Billion Share Repurchase Program
- Nasdaq, S&P 500, set records as jobless claims decline
- Moderna (MRNA) Tops Q2 Street Estimates, Nabs $4.2 Billion from 199 Million Sold Vaccines That Yielded 93% Efficacy Through Six Months
- Oil rises over 1% as Mideast tensions face virus concerns
- Penn National Gaming (PENN) 'Scores' with $2 Billion Deal to Acquire theScore (SCR), Seen as 'Highly Strategic'
- Uber (UBER) Beats Estimates As Higher Labor Spend Drags on Profitability, Analysts Lower PTs but Remain Bullish
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced that its Board of Directors approved a new share repurchase program. Under this program, the company intends to repurchase up to $4 billion of outstanding AMD common stock. AMD expects to fund repurchases through cash generated from operations which have been strengthened by the company’s strong operational results.
“Today’s announcement reflects our confidence in AMD’s business and the successful execution of our multi-year growth strategy,” said Dr. Lisa Su, AMD president and CEO. “Our strong financial results and growing cash generation enable us to invest in the business and begin returning capital to our shareholders.”
Under this program, which is designed to return value to AMD stockholders, offset dilution from stock issuances, and reduce share count over time, the company will repurchase stock in the open market. This repurchase program has no termination date and may be suspended or discontinued at any time.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Corteva (CTVA) Announces $1.5 Billion Share Repurchase Program
- Certara, Inc. (CERT) Misses Q2 EPS by 2c
- Zynga (ZNGA) Acquires StarLark for $525M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Buybacks, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesTwitter, Stock Buyback, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!