Acacia Research (ACTG) Sold $22.3M of Oxford Nanopore in IPO, Remaining Stake Worth $280.8M
- Amazon (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by $2.80, Guidance Misses
- Nasdaq hits record high with Apple, Amazon results on deck
- Facebook (FB) to Change Name to 'Meta', Ticker to 'MRVS'
- Ford Motor (F) Stock Rallies After Smashing Estimates and Raising Guidance, Reinstated Dividend, Analysts Bulled-up
- Twilio (TWLO) Stock Plummets 12% on Decelerating Sales Growth, Weak Q4 EPS Outlook and COO Departure, Analysts Lower PTs but Remain Optimistic
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Acacia Research Corporation (Nasdaq: ACTG) announced that Oxford Nanopore Technologies Limited, the company behind a new generation of nanopore-based sensing technology, whose products enable the real-time, high-performance, scalable analysis of DNA and RNA, has successfully completed its Initial Public Offering of shares on the London Stock Exchange at 425 pence per share.
The sale of 3,895,500 shares in the IPO, representing 10% of its pre-IPO holding, will generate net proceeds of $22.3 million to Acacia. Prior to the IPO, Acacia owned 38,955,000 shares, representing a 5.5% stake in Oxford Nanopore, which, as of June 30, 2021, Acacia valued at $170.2 million. Following the IPO, Acacia will hold 35,059,500 million shares in Oxford Nanopore, representing approximately 4.4% of the shares outstanding. Acacia’s remaining stake in Oxford Nanopore, based on Oxford Nanopore’s closing price as of October 4, amounts to $280.8 million which, when combined with the proceeds of the share sale, amounts to an approximate 78% uplift to the last disclosed book value of the holding as of June 30, 2021. Acacia's remaining shares in Oxford Nanopore are restricted from resale for a period of at least 180 days under customary lock-up agreements.
Clifford Press, Acacia’s President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “Oxford Nanopore is a global leader in an emerging industry and the crown jewel of the Woodford Portfolio, which we purchased in June last year. The successful IPO is among the largest in London this year and reflects the many years of foresight and collaboration with which Neil Woodford and his team supported and financed the development of this company from its earliest stage. The recently announced strategic investment by Oracle is a further testament to the innovation and leadership of Oxford Nanopore, and we are pleased to be significant shareholders.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Desert Peak Minerals (DPM) Launches 10M Share IPO at $20-$23/sh
- American Express (AXP) Launches Fully Digital Business Checking Account for U.S. Small and Mid-Sized Businesses, First-Ever AMEX Debit Card
- DatChat (DATS) Launches Social Network+ Privacy Platform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!