AbbVie (ABBV), Evolus (EOLS), and Medytox Announce Resolution of Intellectual Property Litigation
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV), Evolus (NASDAQ: EOLS) and Medytox announce settlement agreements to fully resolve all outstanding litigation, including the United States International Trade Commission (ITC) case regarding the sale of Jeuveau®, between the companies. A California court case filed by Medytox against Evolus will be dismissed.
Under the terms of the settlement agreements, AbbVie and Medytox will release all claims against Evolus related to the alleged misappropriation of Medytox's trade secrets and grant a license to Evolus to continue to commercialize Jeuveau® in the United States and Nuceiva™ in all other territories in which Evolus has licensing rights. AbbVie and Medytox will receive milestone and royalty payments from Evolus. In addition, Evolus will issue common stock to Medytox.
This agreement follows the final determination of the ITC on December 16, 2020 which found a misappropriation of Medytox's manufacturing trade secrets and strain of C. botulinum and concluded that a violation of Section 337 of the Tariff Act of 1930 had occurred. As Daewoong Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. is not a party to the settlement agreements, this settlement does not affect any legal rights, positions, or proceedings between Medytox and Daewoong in Korea and other countries.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- CoreCivic (CXW) Announces Agreement In Principle to Settle Shareholder Litigation
- Duke Energy (DUK) responds to North Carolina Utilities Commission's decision on Duke Energy Progress' 2019 rate request
- Aaron's (AAN) Appoints Laura N. Bailey, Timothy A. Johnson and Marvonia P. Moore to Board