APA Corporation (APA) Announces Appraisal Drilling Success Offshore Suriname in Block 58
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
APA Corporation (Nasdaq: APA) today announced drilling success and updated the status of its appraisal program offshore Suriname in Block 58. As previously noted, the primary objective of the first phase of the appraisal drilling program is to deliver a fast-track, black oil development.
Sapakara South-1, an appraisal well located on the eastern edge of the Sapakara area, encountered approximately 30 meters (98 feet) of net black oil pay in a single zone of high-quality Campano-Maastrichtian reservoir. This result marks another important step toward a commercial oil development in the southeast portion of Block 58. The Maersk Valiant will soon mobilize to the next exploration prospect at Bonboni, approximately 45 kilometers to the north, before returning later in the year to flow test Sapakara South-1.
A second appraisal well encountered two thin intervals of black oil above water in the Campano-Maastrichtian at Kwaskwasi, impacting a small portion of the eastern edge of Kwaskwasi. The Campano-Maastrichtian intervals at Kwaskwasi and the Sapakara South-1 discovery are separate and unrelated.
APA Corporation President and CEO John J. Christmann IV commented, “We are very encouraged by the initial appraisal, having confirmed 30 meters of a single, blocky sand that is full to base with black oil. These are the characteristics necessary to accelerate development in this area of Block 58, which has high prospect density. We are excited to explore the northern portion of the block at Bonboni and look forward to continuing our appraisal program, including a flow test of Sapakara South-1 before year-end.”
APA Suriname holds a 50% working interest in Block 58, with TotalEnergies, the operator, holding a 50% working interest.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apache Corp. (APA) PT Raised to $28 at JPMorgan
- Nemaura Medical (NMRD) Appoints Osama Hamdy to its Advisory Board
- UPDATE: FDA Approves Exelixis's (EXEL) CABOMETYX for Patients with Previously Treated Radioactive Iodine-Refractory Differentiated Thyroid Cancer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!