500.com Ltd. (WBAI) Reports Two Agreements to Acquire Bitcoin Mining Machines
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
500.com Limited (NYSE: WBAI) ("500.com" or the "Company"), today announced that it has entered into a definitive purchase agreement (the "Purchase Agreement") for 5,900 bitcoin mining machines for a total consideration of approximately RMB55.2 million (approximately US$8.5 million). All of the bitcoin mining machines are expected to be delivered in the second quarter of 2021.
Concurrently with the Purchase Agreement, the Company today announced that it has entered into a framework agreement (the "Framework Agreement"), pursuant to which the Company has agreed in principle to purchase up to 10,000 bitcoin mining machines in 2021, subject to availability and certain other conditions. The Company is required to pay a performance bond of RMB2,000 per machine for the first 5,000 machines, or RMB10 million (approximately US$1.5 million) in aggregate.
Assuming full delivery of the 15,900 bitcoin mining machines, the Company's total hash rate will be increased by approximately 1,000 petahashes per second (PH/S).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AAR Corp. (AIR) Reports Election of Ellen M. Lord to Board
- GM (GM) and LG Energy Solution Investing $2.3 Billion in 2nd Ultium Cells Manufacturing Plant in U.S.
- BIT Mining Limited Announces First Closing of BTC.com Businesses Acquisition